Sign in to follow this  
fta2017

Number of 3D cities in MS2020? - use Earth View 3D to see them!

2 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I don't have windows 10...

So you can't check, but it's impossible to list all of them in here.

What I can say is a lot of US major cities are already 3D. Half dozen australian cities (Sidney isn't 3D). Some European cities are 3D (London and Paris aren't 3D, nor Amsterdan). Asia, Africa and South America don't have any 3D cities (as far as I remember).

There are, according to Microsoft, 400 3D cities. 

14 hours ago, 188AHC said:

We had a discussion arguing the name of the new sim in another topic. Please, lets not have two.  It makes no difference what we call it at this point. We simply don't know other than it will be Microsoft and supposedly released in 2020.

Back on topic please.

A Moderator of this forum should be aware and know that Microsoft is calling it Microsoft Flight Simulator, NOT FS2020 or anything else.

So it SHOULD matter what it is called, to all, including the moderator.

(my last word on the incorrect naming of the sim)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

16 hours ago, Noooch said:

So could you copy/paste the list of those cities please?

There you go:

Australia:

Canberra

Gold Coast

Hobart

Newcastle

Wollongong

Belgium:

Brussels

Canada:

Calgary

Edmonton

Hamilton

London

Montreal

Ottawa

Quebec

Toronto

Vancouver

Victoria

Winnipeg

Denmark:

Copenhagen

France:

Aix-en-Provence

Bordeaux

Lille

Marseille

Montpellier

Rennes

Rouen

Strasbourg

Germany:

Aachen

Augsburg

Berlin

Braunschweig

Bremen

Dresden

Duisburg

Halle

Hamburg

Karlsruhe

Kiel

Leipzig

Magdeburg

Mannheim

Mönchengladbach

Munich

Münster

Nuremberg

Italy:

Bari

Bologna

Catania

Florence

Milan

Naples

Palermo

Rome

Venice

Verona

Spain:

Alicante

Barcelona

Córdoba

Madrid

Marbella

Murcia

Pamplona

Seville

Valencia

Vigo

Switzerland:

Zürich

UK:
Southampton

USA:

Too many to list here. At first glance, all the major US cities are there, except Dallas and Washington DC.

I really hope they’ll add more cities (IF this is where they draw their data from). London and Paris are a must. Amsterdam and Frankfurt would be nice as well.

Personally, I’d like to see more photometric cities in the British Isles and Switzerland.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 4

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I can't imagine London, Paris, Sydney and Washington D.C. not being represented, either in the Maps app or in the sim.  But I know Dallas isn't in the app.  Maybe they're all in the pro version of the app.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

10 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I can't imagine London, Paris, Sydney and Washington D.C. not being represented, either in the Maps app or in the sim.  But I know Dallas isn't in the app.  Maybe they're all in the pro version of the app.

Hook

They are definitely not in the freeware version. But yes, they might be in the pro version and I'm sure they will be included in the sim. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Wobbie said:

A Moderator of this forum should be aware and know that Microsoft is calling it Microsoft Flight Simulator, NOT FS2020 or anything else.

So it SHOULD matter what it is called, to all, including the moderator.

(my last word on the incorrect naming of the sim)

Yep. I am aware and it still isn't anything to get your hackles up about. At this point, who cares?  This is a non-issue. You can call it Bob's Simulator for all I care. It's still a way off and this whole conversation about the name is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

How about seasons?

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

43 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

How about seasons?

I'm sure there will be. Read the topic marked "Read this" at the top of this forum. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:15 AM, Shack95 said:

There you go:

Canada:

Ottawa

I've been making scenery to depict the Ottawa area for the last 20 years, it'll be great if it's included in the product!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

They said 400 cities: about 200 in the US and 200 for the rest of the world, so it appears not all the cities made with photogrammetry are on that list.

Edited by Noooch

On 7/15/2019 at 9:08 AM, Noooch said:

They said 400 cities: about 200 in the US and 200 for the rest of the world, so it appears not all the cities made with photogrammetry are on that list.

Vast majority are in the US. It's not 200/200.

7 hours ago, bonchie said:

Vast majority are in the US. It's not 200/200.

That's not what they said

On 7/12/2019 at 4:37 AM, LHookins said:

But I know Dallas isn't in the app.  Maybe they're all in the pro version of the app.

Hook

I’ll be disappointed if Dallas/Ft Worth aren’t included, especially since Houston was shown in the video. I’m hoping they cover all then high rises that stretch from Ft Lauderdale down to Miami. I always feel let down when I fly into KFLL and all the high rise, sea side buildings are missing.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, Noooch said:

That's not what they said

Probably generalizing. The actual numbers, if you check the app, heavily favor the US.

Edited by bonchie