Sign in to follow this  
aviatrix2

Black GTN 750 screen (resolved)

I'm just going to start a new thread on this, since I've been scrolling the past few days & never really found the answer.  I just downloaded for xplane11, from what I've seen it just uploads automatically, if not then you toggle the plug in.  I can't get it to work at all.  Here's what I've tried so far... un-installing & re-installing, combing through every bit of malware protection that might block it, reading the actual directions, txt'ing a friend who it pops right up for, I've exhausted everything - it just isn't working for me.  Dell computer, Windows 10, plenty of space & RAM.  

HELP, and give it to me in the form of not having to be a computer programmer to understand.  

Thanks!

10 hours ago, aviatrix2 said:

HELP, and give it to me in the form of not having to be a computer programmer to understand.  

Hi,

You might want to start reading my recommendation, in the post which title already contains 'black screen', and which was already near the top before you've posted yours with a similar title. In effect, similar symptoms lead to similar resolution steps (re: log files).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I can't seem to find any log files for this?  I also tried to run as admin.  All I've done was turn it on to see the black screen, didn't do a flight with it so it might not have created a log.  I combed through the instructions & trouble shooting, I can't seem to find the problem anywhere?  Everything's updated.

Please review the user's manual for the RXP log file paths. The plugin always creates the log files when ran.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Got it!! I un-installed again, hadn't un-installed a trainer that had gone into a different file path.  Made sure all went into the xplane11 folder & it all worked!!  

Does it only come as a pop up, or can I put it as the new panel?  I'm sure that's here somewhere too, a little snow blind from trying to find out why it wasn't working.  

I'm glad you've got it sorted out in the end.

As for displaying the GTN int he 3D panel, this is a little more involving because there is no such concept of 'gauge' in X-Plane: the aircraft, its cockpit and gauges are all a single monolithic block of 3D polygons.

You can however render the GTN in the 3D cockpit provided there is a space for it, like described in the Baron 58 tutorial for the GNS which applies similarly to the GTN:

Otherwise you might want to also read these:

It's fine as the pop up, just excited to use it & get used to the one in a plane I just got a partnership in.  I'm familiar w/ Garmin, glad to have the actual 750 to practice on @ home.  

• Like 1