Sign in to follow this  
Noel

This could be way cool: dual functions assigned to one axis!

I had hoped ActiveCamera folks would develop this, but they didn't. In any case, as you know in FS9 when you assign your X axis to your ailerons you can't assign it to pan view simultaneously. If it could be set up to allow for panning AND aileron, then whenever you banked your plane your view would handily follow your aircraft. When you combine this with the softness that ActiveCamera's head latency provides, you end up with what might be a pretty cool fluid effect that seems quite cool. Of course you would need to retain mouse panning in a utility like ActiveCamera, so that you could override the autopan-with-banking effect with this set up. How hard would it be to allow dual effects assigned to the X-axis? I'm not a real pilot, but it seems intuitive that real pilots my find themselves looking in the direction of their banked turns. Be way cool during taxiing too!Just a thought for FSX, or FS9 if possible to override the programming on this element.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

oooh. So I bank left and at the same time my throttle cuts out.Yes, would be really useful.

I assume you are joking or confused. Bank left, pan left. Throttle cuts out? My throttle is on my yoke's Z axis.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest camilo

I think it's a good idea, I'm not a real pilot but it seems natural for me to look in the direction where you are banking, at least for a few seconds an then you go back to the instruments.Best regards,

Nope.. most often then not, I would look ahead. In VFR turns, don't you look at the horizon and the cowling in front of you to see if you are turning properly?It would be back and forth.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi, Noel.You can safely ignore the disconnected throttle input. That individual is never connected to reality anyway. >In any case, as you know in FS9 when you assign your X axis to your ailerons you can't assign it to pan view simultaneously.

I'm probably more in touch with reality than most people here, especially the kids who want everything but the kitchen sink added to FS thinking it's all "an easy fix"...And I'm certainly not going around launching personal insults against people I don't agree with, as you are want to do.

Jeroen, I come here (like most people I'm assuming) to read up on any new news or discussions. However, nearly every single post I come to you feel the need to reply to it. This would be fine if it wasn't for the consistent discrediting literally every single persons views or ideas. Like your original reply to this post, it offers no real input and verging on spam. Your sarcasm is always childish and frankly I'm getting bored of it.

Guest GabrielR

we should do a poll to measure the popularity of this guy in this forum... LOL

Good points, though I hope you are turning your head when you taxi!Cheers,Noel

Noel

Thank you for all that. Nice to get insight from real flyers :()I do get to go up in a real King Air soon which I'm excited as heck about. For now though, its time to go fly around Hawaii in my new Cessna 441 Conquest II. Man, this has quickly become my fav. Can't stay out of it!Noel

Noel

time to leave then. If you can't stand people not agreeing with you you have no place on an open forum.

>time to leave then. If you can't stand people not agreeing>with you you have no place on an open forum.Well, goodbye then JW... We'll miss you...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi, Wenting.You seem to think that everyone else is wrong, is your enemy and or trying to provoke you. In reality you are / have insulted, name called, at one time or another, all / most of the people on this board. You are becoming a liability for this board that I am not sure they need. While some of us try to understand, and help you, one day someone will try make a case against this board, and then we all loose. I am sure you understand that once you put something on a permanent record, like written message, it will be hard, if not impossible to deny.It is my hope that the Moderators will have a serious advice for you, since I know that some of them have been involved in a thread where you committed these type of infractions, if for no other reason than to deny their support of your behavior, and detach themselves.I will again try to be as kind, and as helpful as I can, and recommend that you seek help. The tendencies that you display are not healthy, in my personal opinion. Good luck to you. TV