Sign in to follow this  
samer747

FlyTampa KLAS scenery not leveled with the rest of sceneries

Hi guys,

I have a problem with leveling KLAS airport area with the rest of Vegas sceneries that I just purchased from FlyTampa last week, I disabled the airport from ORBIX victor setting but didn't help, this is the only airport that I'm having issue with. I have been contacting FlyTampa via their forum and with direct email contact but unfortunately they never get back to me or comment on the forum. I would appreciate if you guys can help me levelling the scenery if you have had a similar issue, I'm not good at digging into command programming, any detail help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What other scenery addons do you have in the area besides Vector?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

In your orbx main folder search KLAS in the upper right corner search window. Might take a bit but that will bring up ever KLAS bgl in there. Turn all to off by replacing bgl with off.

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

In the P3D folder, Orbx folder, there is a North America then SCA_Scenery_05 folder

Rename from .bgl to .off all files with KLAS in their name

Go to P3D scenery\world\scenery and rename from .bgl to .off the ALT file for KLAS

Make sure you have the latest FlyTampa Vegas scenery

• Like 1

9 hours ago, samer747 said:

I have been contacting FlyTampa via their forum and with direct email contact but unfortunately they never get back to me or comment on the forum

Yep, as BillS511 mentionned a lot of Flytampa's customers encountered the same issue and the linked post is pinned in the forum on top.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Yes, it did work, I turned OFF KLAS files from all Orbix FTX locations, looked good now.

Thanks to all of you on Avsim forum, you guys are the BEST :)

Note that the Orbx Central Application for some is re-activating the KLAS altitude bgl file in scenery\world\scenery each time you run it. I was helping a friend get FT Vegas working after he purchased Orbx SoCal and we fixed the elevation, then next week he had the problem again, and the file had been renamed back to .bgl! So check after running Orbx Central each time to see what files have been reactivated!

I can't get the Bellagio fountains to work or the Mirage fire to work. Everything else works? Any suggestions? I know the bgl files are on (done through configurator and verified visually) and the effects are installed right.

Check out my Real World Flights on the Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Eric Flight YouTube Channel
Check out my Flight Sim Livestreams on Twitch
Eric Flight Twitch Channel
spacer.png

4 hours ago, eric5150 said:

I can't get the Bellagio fountains to work or the Mirage fire to work. Everything else works? Any suggestions? I know the bgl files are on (done through configurator and verified visually) and the effects are installed right.

I am not an owner of the FlyTampa Vegas scenery but what are your special effects sliders in Prepar3D set to?

Somewhere in the orbx forums there is a solution for this issue.  It also includes a file to download to replace some existing .bgl files.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Somewhere in the orbx forums there is a solution for this issue.  It also includes a file to download to replace some existing .bgl files.

You mean the patch 1.1 ? http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13253

v1.1 changes
-AFCAD update 
-Mesh update for compatibility with FSGlobal
-Mesh update to remove sunken terrain areas on default areas
-Airport ground textures update
-Minor corrections of misplaced objects
-Added sequenced flashers for MALS-F on 01L and 26L
-Fixed an issue with special effects which would not show up on KLAS arrival
-Improved night textures at the terminal parking areas

There also an isolated patch (I guess it's included in the 1.1 ?) which correct errors in special effect. Which errors ?

Source : https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13261

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

2 hours ago, vbazillio said:

You mean the patch 1.1 ? http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13253

There also an isolated patch (I guess it's included in the 1.1 ?) which correct errors in special effect. Which errors ?

Source : https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13261

It might be similar but I know when I as looking I found it in Orbx forum.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home