Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

What we currently know about the new Flight Simulator

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Probably video editing effect rather than in-game.  But it does seem to have 'heat-blur'

Agreed on Motion Blur during the roll. Video Editor getting carried away as suppose to In Game FX.

Can't say for Heat Blur but I suspect this has been implemented In Game.

Just an update from MSFS 2020 official site

• We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
  • Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
  • Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
  • Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
  • Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

On 6/16/2019 at 9:05 AM, 188AHC said:

This topic is strictly for what we know about FS2020. Please do not post speculation or discussion topics here.

As stated in the first post, these topics will be removed.

Thank you.

Again, please don't post product discussions in this topic. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

12 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.

For those that know, what are the 'concerns in the current eco-system'?

46 minutes ago, ErichB said:

For those that know, what are the 'concerns in the current eco-system'?

They are talking about concerns among current 3rd party developers. That's the "current eco-system."

Just now, bonchie said:

They are talking about concerns among current 3rd party developers. That's the "current eco-system."

So, how they integrate third party code into the core?

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

So, how they integrate third party code into the core?

More so concerns with how add-ons will be sold, whether there'd be an SDK, closed store, how much of a take MS gets, etc.

We should take this to the other thread if you want to discuss it further. Don't want to speculate more in this thread since it's only supposed to be factual features we know.

Edited by bonchie

According to the French newspaper Le Monde, it's being produced by ASOBO, a French gaming studio: https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2019/06/17/ce-que-les-352-jeux-video-evoques-a-l-e3-2019-disent-de-l-etat-de-l-industrie_5477576_4408996.html. The article is about games at the E3 show.

About 3/4 of the way down it says (courtesy of Google Translate): "In Los Angeles, sixteen projects primarily designed in France were presented or cited in one form or another, some of which have marked the spirits, as the return of the license Microsoft Flight Simulator by Bordeaux ASOBO"

• Like 3

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

It seems Asobo Studio of Bordeaux, France is the developer. They are also advertising on their website for artists to make aircraft.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 hours ago, bonchie said:

I’m hoping they mean customer concerns rather than concerns of 3rd parties. Or at least both. I don’t really care if (some of the) 3rd parties are worried that the uncontested gravy train might come to an end. 

Edited by Superdelphinus
Edited to prevent further patronisation.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

I’m hoping they mean customer concerns rather than concerns of 3rd parties. Or at least both. I don’t really care if 3rd parties are worried that the uncontested gravy train might come to an end. 

Interesting.

You're probably not aware that over the past 36 + years I've been in the community, it is the third party developers who have pushed flight sim (and the base flight sim developers) to the level we now enjoy.  Microsoft acknowledges this as does Lockheed Martin and Laminar Research.

The financial investment for a high-end aircraft runs into hundreds of thousands of dollars before anyone see's or decides to purchase it.  Without third parties developing for our community we wouldn't be close to enjoying the level of accuracy and  immersion we do today.

Just seems to me that you really don't understand our community, and you really should before dropping comments like that one. 

Best wishes.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 6

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

3 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Without third parties developing for our community we wouldn't be close to enjoying the level of accuracy and  immersion we do today.

My hero!  Thanks for your contributions to the flight sim community.  You guys rock.

Any chance of getting an updated BeaverX for the new sim? I've already got it converted for P3Dv4 and loving it.  It is currently my most flown aircraft.  I've got another version but I can't stand flying it.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

35 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Interesting.

You're probably not aware that over the past 36 + years I've been in the community, it is the third party developers who have pushed flight sim (and the base flight sim developers) to the level we now enjoy.  Microsoft acknowledges this as does Lockheed Martin and Laminar Research.

The financial investment for a high-end aircraft runs into hundreds of thousands of dollars before anyone see's or decides to purchase it.  Without third parties developing for our community we wouldn't be close to enjoying the level of accuracy and  immersion we do today.

Just seems to me that you really don't understand our community, and you really should before dropping comments like that one. 

Best wishes.

What you said and what I said don’t compete with each other. 

• Like 1

Folks, 

Love the passion this community has, but just a friendly reminder, lets keep the conversation civil please. 

Thanks!

-B

• Like 1