Hi,

Want to build a dedicated system for XP11 and was going to go with the new Ryzen 3000 series but tbh I still think 9900k/2080ti will be the fastest overall. I really want to go 4k but don't want to be suffering from low fps either. 

Will 9900k/2080ti give me a decent FPS using 4k with plenty of add on scenery, aircraft, weather etc? Or is it best to go 1440p for now?

13 hours ago, mattprince said:

Hi,

Want to build a dedicated system for XP11 and was going to go with the new Ryzen 3000 series but tbh I still think 9900k/2080ti will be the fastest overall. I really want to go 4k but don't want to be suffering from low fps either. 

Will 9900k/2080ti give me a decent FPS using 4k with plenty of add on scenery, aircraft, weather etc? Or is it best to go 1440p for now?

if you plan 60fps 1440p is the way but you need high oc on cpu if you want to fly type FSL 3XX , 4K with single 2080TI you get GPU bound in overcast ,night, hard hitting airports very hard to hold 30fps without bottleneck the gpu on other hand at cruise it only need 1350mhz and 25-30% gpu usage.

on XP11 i use the same hardware settings with unlimited fps it hit the CPU and GPU very hard with 4K ( more balanced in P3D)

i run 9900k with heavy overclocked 9900k 4K vsync  monitor at 30hz , gpu OC to 2175mhz

Edited by westman