Sign in to follow this  
webranger

MANAGING P3D SCENERY

I have LORBY-SI scenery manager for P3D v.45 but finding its a pain to install third party scenery use it, then uninstall it so its not so taxing on the simulator.   I have used Aerosoft's Simstarter before but found it putting unnecessary settings on my FS.   

Thanks in advance. 

Duane Buck

22 minutes ago, webranger said:

I have LORBY-SI scenery manager for P3D v.45 but finding its a pain to install third party scenery use it, then uninstall it so its not so taxing on the simulator.   I have used Aerosoft's Simstarter before but found it putting unnecessary settings on my FS.   

Thanks in advance. 

Not exactly sure what you are doing. Are installing and then uninstalling Lorby's addon manager...? You don't need to do that... It's not at all taxing on the simulator. As a matter of fact, it's not even supposed to be running while P3D is active!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

@webranger
There is a user manual .pdf in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4. I suggest you read this to better understand what Lorby's AddonOrganizer does.
If you don't want a scenery addon to show in P3D, open Lorby's AddonOrganizer, find scenery title, double click. This will deactivate (does not uninstall/remove scenery). Double click again to reactivate scenery.

Sceneries in green are active, red are inactive:

Spoiler

74EbBDO.jpg

Edited by BillS511

@JJJackson, that is only for those scenery packages that have created an entry in scenery.cfg. More and more installers are creating an add-on folder with the scenery and texture folders within that. Only Lorby's Addon Organizer can cope with both.

@webranger should invest some time learning how scenery works in P3D and read the Addon Organizer tutorial. It's unusual to use Lorby's utility to install scenery because the package's own installer will do that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am familar with Lorby's use and was just looking for a easier tool.   Seem when I activate and deactivate scenery via Lorby's the loading time slows up.    I can do the delete generated files command to speed it up again, but then I have to reset my other settings like controls and FSUIPC.

Thanks

Duane Buck

@webranger, as far as I know Lorby’s utility is the only one available. It isn’t difficult but does require some time invested in learning how to get the best out of it.

Controls and FSUIPC has no bearing on scenery. Apples and oranges.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I use SimStarterNG does everything +  its like a Swiss army knife

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

2 hours ago, webranger said:

Seem when I activate and deactivate scenery via Lorby's the loading time slows up.

Every time you modify the scenery or addon list, whatever the way you do it (even by text editor), Prepar3d will "rebuild" the indexes and rescan the sceneries folder, the reason why the loading time increases !

Stop tweaking your scenery to take advantage of 4.5hf improved loading time...

Edited by gaab
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, BillS511 said:

@webranger
There is a user manual .pdf in ...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Lorby-SI AddonOrganizer_P3D_V4. I suggest you read this to better understand what Lorby's AddonOrganizer does.
If you don't want a scenery addon to show in P3D, open Lorby's AddonOrganizer, find scenery title, double click. This will deactivate (does not uninstall/remove scenery). Double click again to reactivate scenery.

Sceneries in green are active, red are inactive:

Hide contents

74EbBDO.jpg

is there a faster way of say disabling whole packages of scenery ?? for example if you have alot of orbx scenery global regions etc etc but dont fly in between all that scenery.you wouldnt disable them one by one? would you? is there a faster way with lorbys tool?lt will take forever?

MIke

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

is there a faster way of say disabling whole packages of scenery ?? for example if you have alot of orbx scenery global regions etc etc but dont fly in between all that scenery.you wouldnt disable them one by one? would you? is there a faster way with lorbys tool?lt will take forever?

MIke

SimstarterNG. Does that and a lot more.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Is there a faster way of say disabling whole packages of scenery ?? for example if you have alot of orbx scenery global regions etc etc but dont fly in between all that scenery.you wouldnt disable them one by one? would you? is there a faster way with lorbys tool?

Yes, there is a much faster way using Lorby's add-on organiser.

In the program, click on the second button on the top row called 'Groups'.

Next, click on the 'Add group' button, name it e.g. South America / West Coast / UK (whatever grouping makes sense to your scenery collection), click 'Create'.

Highlight the newly-created group, click on the 'Edit group' button.

On the next page, highlight all of the installed scenery that you want to put in the group, click the --> button to add them all, then click 'Submit'.

Each scenery within a group will now have a checkbox next to it. There's also one by the name of the group. You can select all of the scenery you don't want for your next sim session, them click 'Deactivate all groups'.
Activating scenery is a similar process, just click 'Activate all groups'.

Then click 'Save' in the bottom left of the page.

So simple and such a time-saver both in activating / deactivating scenery and load-up times for P3D.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

Yes, there is a much faster way using Lorby's add-on organiser.

In the program, click on the second button on the top row called 'Groups'.

Next, click on the 'Add group' button, name it e.g. South America / West Coast / UK (whatever grouping makes sense to your scenery collection), click 'Create'.

Highlight the newly-created group, click on the 'Edit group' button.

On the next page, highlight all of the installed scenery that you want to put in the group, click the --> button to add them all, then click 'Submit'.

Each scenery within a group will now have a checkbox next to it. There's also one by the name of the group. You can select all of the scenery you don't want for your next sim session, them click 'Deactivate all groups'.
Activating scenery is a similar process, just click 'Activate all groups'.

Then click 'Save' in the bottom left of the page.

So simple and such a time-saver both in activating / deactivating scenery and load-up times for P3D.

Thank you for the informative answer.

i have aus v1 in v4 

I noticed in the lorbys tool in packages sub heading, that it is the there is a Australia region sub heading.

Now if I highlight that to red will it disable that region?

thanks

mike

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

I noticed in the lorbys tool in packages sub heading, that it is the there is a Australia region sub heading.

Now if I highlight that to red will it disable that region?

If that Australia sub-heading links correctly to all Aus v1 elements, then yes.

Any entry disabled in the Packages tab, deactivates everything else that is linked in that package. That means: scenery, effects, simobjects (such as scenery-specific AI traffic), scripts, additional sounds, etc.

You cannot activate any entry on the Scenery tab nor the Other addons tab until the relevant entry in the Packages tab is re-enabled.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

If that Australia sub-heading links correctly to all Aus v1 elements, then yes.

Any entry disabled in the Packages tab, deactivates everything else that is linked in that package. That means: scenery, effects, simobjects (such as scenery-specific AI traffic), scripts, additional sounds, etc.

You cannot activate any entry on the Scenery tab nor the Other addons tab until the relevant entry in the Packages tab is re-enabled.

Hey thanks for the reply 

I don’t think it all links up to relevant entries 

wish It did, that would be much easier.