Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Some LC tiles missing tree autogen?

Hey all,

Lately been having some issues with tree autogen... or at least, that's what I think. Because I simply can't remember how it used to be like. It seems to me that there's a couple of landclass tiles that are missing their tree autogen. Buildings are fine. See the attached images.

I use FTX Global, which changes the default LC textures. So, I verified the fils to make sure it's all okay. That didn't solve the issue, so I reinstalled it. That didn't sovle it, so I tried reinstalling the content component of P3D so as to refresh the autogen files. This also didn't work. At last I have no idea where else to go. It would help if somebody could confirm that there actually is a problem... Because at this point I'm not evens rue anymore whether there is a problem, or whether I'm just seeing ghosts.

https://imgur.com/BDMYsuj

https://imgur.com/wFLqQwt

These shots were made around Eglin AFB, the default flight start location. You might notice the problem is specific to the bright green suburban areas, a specific tile of forest area, and a more densely packed suburban type landclass.

Any help is appreciated!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Nobody has any idea?

Really all I'm asking for is if somebody could take the trouble to do a fly-around at Eglin AFB and post screenshots depicting similar areas as I have in my pictures, so I have something to compare to. Would like to know if I'm going crazy or not... I'm actively contemplating reinstalling P3D and at the same time I'll also upgrade to 4.5. Just want to be sure I'm not embarking on this for nothing...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you have OpenLC North America, I'd do a verify files on that, too.  Then post back your results.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 minutes ago, Mace said:

If you have OpenLC North America, I'd do a verify files on that, too.  Then post back your results.

+1. Every time that I update P3d4, I get the dreaded (but sporadic) "night textures during the day" bug and missing autogen. The only solution is to verify the files with FTX Central for both the various OpenLC packs and Global Base. I think that the P3d4 installer overwrites a small number of the ORBX texture and AGN files for some odd reason.

Every time I mess with OpenLC (even just unchecking it in the scenery list) I get those dang night textures.  Verifying the files doesn't work for me.  I have to reinstall it.

Here's a shot that is close as I can get to the second screenshot you posted. Slightly west of KDTS, altitude about 2500 ft.

I have the full suite of ORBX installed, including FTX Global, NA, SA, and Europe LC, and Vector, and yes, i'd have to say the LC in my screen shot looks considerably different than yours.

Not sure what to tell you to try other than what has already been suggested.

BTW, I'm running v4.5 here.

BYtKKrX.jpg

Edited by SunDevil56

Are you using the FlyTampa Universal Installer?  If so, there was a bug in the first release that has since been fixed.  I had a similar issue but downloading and running the latest version fixed the problem.

Alan

Thanks all for the responses!

I can't understand why the actual LC is so different for me... I reinstalled OpenLC NA (and EU and SA, to be sure) but this didn't fix the issue. Really have no idea what's going on with that. That said, the appearance of the LC isn't even really my issue here, as I honestly anyway have no idea how it's supposed to look like. the problem is the lack of autogen trees on specific LC tiles. Messing with OpenLC also didn't fix that. once again, the building autogen is absolutely fine.

@exeodus, I do indeed use their universal installer but wasn't aware of any bugs? Also can't find anything about it on the FlyTampa forums. I'll try a reinstall of the last scenery of theirs I bought with a freshly downloaded installer and see if that does anything. Out of curiosity, what was the bug?

EDIT: Using a freshly downloaded FlyTampa Universal Installer didn't seem to do anything, I'm afraid, everything still looks the same.

To be honest, my feeling is that the issues started when I stalled Simwest's Albequerque scenery, which installs AutogenConfigurationMerger. As it's supposed to do, it let me know upon starting P3Dv4 and first run of ACM that ACM had changed the autogen configuration files and that I'd see the effect after restarting P3Dv4. So I did, but the ACM pop-up appeared yet again, and it essentially always did. So I thought that refreshing the autogen configuraiton with a content reinstallation would help and disabling the ACM, so it can't do its job anymore. Sadly none of that helped.

I'm considering simply reinstalling all of P3D at this point, but given my terrabytes of addons, that's not really something I'm looking forward to...

Benjamin van Soldt

try moving your autogen xml file to your desktop, run p3d, close, run orbx central, then run p3d again to rebuild the autogen file. do you have any other addons that create autogen entries or use the autogen merger tool?

16 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

try moving your autogen xml file to your desktop, run p3d, close, run orbx central, then run p3d again to rebuild the autogen file. do you have any other addons that create autogen entries or use the autogen merger tool?

I can try that, though I'm not hopeful. Refeshing the autogen's xml files was exactly why I had tried reinstalling the content potion of the sim before, and it didn't seem to have any effect. Nevertheless, I'll try it and update later.

Benjamin van Soldt

On 6/27/2019 at 5:22 AM, Benjamin J said:

I can try that, though I'm not hopeful. Refeshing the autogen's xml files was exactly why I had tried reinstalling the content potion of the sim before, and it didn't seem to have any effect. Nevertheless, I'll try it and update later.

I had some similar autogen issues and starting with a new autogen xml then disabling any addon scenery I had that included its own little autogen section fixed it after Orbx Central rebuilt the default autogen file. I do not have time to look more but something with Orbx conflicting to any addon scenery that tries including its own autogen section is what I found but I don't know who to contact, either Orbx or the addon scenery developer?

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 2:29 AM, exeodus said:

Are you using the FlyTampa Universal Installer?  If so, there was a bug in the first release that has since been fixed.  I had a similar issue but downloading and running the latest version fixed the problem.

Thanks Exeodus, that fixed my problem with autogen trees not showing in some areas.

Steve Weeks

4 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I had some similar autogen issues and starting with a new autogen xml then disabling any addon scenery I had that included its own little autogen section fixed it after Orbx Central rebuilt the default autogen file. I do not have time to look more but something with Orbx conflicting to any addon scenery that tries including its own autogen section is what I found but I don't know who to contact, either Orbx or the addon scenery developer?

That's interesting though... Did you also uninstall all of OrbX or just the addon sceneries with their own autogen entries?

Benjamin van Soldt

So I wiped P3Dv4 today and installed it anew. This gave me the opportunity to do a clean install of 4.5 - I had tried a client-only upgrade but this crashed the sim on startup, so I figured I might as well start from scratch to fix that.

I'm just popping back into this thread to say that, following the configuration of the basic tools and elements of the sim (Active Sky, FSUIPC, Ezdok, Mesh and AI Traffic), I installed OrbX Global BASE and the libraries, and then did a quick flight at Eglin. As you can see, the problem with the trees is now entirely cured, it seems. I have not installed openLC yet. I'll do that tomorrow. I figured it's been enough excitement for one day.

To install next will be openLC and Vetcor, as well as Trees. I might go ahead and purchase Buildings as well. After that I'll install a select number of OrbX sceneries. I have come to the conclusion that, actually, I rarely overfly the FTX regions anymore, besides FTX TE NL, and for California I have MSE photoscenery these days. So I don't think I;ll install PNW etc, though I'll likely still go ahead with the European regions. I'll install cut out a lot of the OrbX GA airfields, as I've found that I haven't really used them in the last 9 months or so. Ever since getting the bigger tubeliners (mostly PMDG) I have barely touched my GA aircraft... So all in all, I'm quite glad I started from scratch with P3Dv4 again. Gives a moment to think about what I really want to install and keep the bloat down...

2019-7-4_22-27-11-271.thumb.jpg.3600ed8001ef31f6483e23fe4ece46a9.jpg2019-7-4_22-28-30-913.thumb.jpg.3a39b2ee5955a3564f129ffe258fcb5e.jpg

Benjamin van Soldt