Sign in to follow this  
RISCfuture

FO not completing emergency checklist (and other bugs)

OK, so I'm trying to follow the emergency tutorials to practice my engine emergencies, but the FO is acting strangely and not according to what's written in the doc. I have a video of a V1 reject to demonstrate the issue:

(sorry for the quiet mic)

As you can see, all is well for the initial roll, "80 knots" call, the emergency annunciation, and the reject and stop. Then things start to go off the rails.

First, as I move through the flow and checklist, the FO starts saying "checked" a lot even though the mic isn't picking up anything. Second, he just gives up on the checklist after "Thrust lever - confirm, close". He never says anything about the start lever. Trying to talk to him any further just results in a lot of "checked".

So, naturally, I reload the saved scenario to try again. Now you'll see two additional problems: First, for some reason I now have hundreds of thousands of pounds of fuel. Not sure where that came from. Second, FS2Crew no longer plays any audio. You can see from the mode switching that the FO hears me, I just can't hear him. I run an audio test and hear nothing.

All of these issues are 100% reproducible.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan
DCS World (JTF-1), Falcon BMS (72nd VFW), Prepar3D v5

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/22DqFt

OK, I did it again doing a full start from the PMDG long turn state. For expediency, I started up the aircraft myself, then activated FS2Crew and advanced to the takeoff phase. I repeated the V1 cut, and the FO reacted in the same way, just saying "checked" a bunch for no reason and only going through half the checklist.

Takeoff roll begins at 9:40. I accidentally moved the affected engine start lever when trying to actuate the parking brake but that shouldn't affect the FO.

Mic volume has been fixed.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

I think I see the problem.

After "Confirm #1", try speaking "Close" not "Closed".

The manual and the code is looking specifically for "Close".

Make sure you speak "Close" very clearly and distinctly and cross check it against the Green bar.

Alright, as you can see in the video, getting it to recognize "close" instead of "closed" took like 5 minutes of saying the word over and over again. Is there any way that you could get it to accept "closed" as well?

The good news is that did advance the checklist. The bad news is the FO still says "checked" like a hundred times for no reason.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan