Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

AS airbus goes into A-floor

Every time about 10 mins after T.O. my AS airbus, drops speed, horn on, descends while he goes in to A-floor protection...

No orange warnings, flaps, airbrakes, gear, OK. When doing the same flight with FS Labs airbus: none of these problems !

Unfortunately this is a known bug with the Aerosoft bus, the reason why I have definitely uninstalled it from my computer after desperately waiting for a fix.
The issue is that this problem is not well identified and it only impacts a few users.

Sorry to say that but my single advice would be to forget this product and enjoy your so nice FS Labs one 🙂

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Sorry to hear its a known bug, i will contact AS as i payed a lot for the versions of airbusses the latest years...

I never experienced that with the AS airbus. Could it be cabin pressure?

Peter

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, qqwertzde said:

I never experienced that with the AS airbus...

Neither have I, and given that it seems to impact only a very small number of people, OP may have little choice but to shelve it unless he can get a solution from AS.

I have also have had the same problem with A-Floor, and I couldn't find a solution for it, so my airbusses are also put on the shelf. I have NO expectation of Aerosoft fixing it, cause they tend to ignore it when people critiqe their products, Even though I have bought every one of their Airbus series from FSX to the recent ones, I won't buy anything more from them. I'm looking more and more at the FsLabs, but my system isn't good enogh to run it smoothly, and the price tag also keeps me from getting it. Maybe when I upgrade my PC, I may have another opinion on it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

7 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Every time about 10 mins after T.O. my AS airbus, drops speed, horn on, descends while he goes in to A-floor protection...

No orange warnings, flaps, airbrakes, gear, OK. When doing the same flight with FS Labs airbus: none of these problems !

I can concur that this is indeed a problem, one that I have encountered on a number of occasions.

However, after following some possible 'workarounds' here, "...My Observation is not to activate the ap before reaching the ACC ALT and setting climb thrust.", I now get no issues. 

Me too, I had occasionally that A-floor problem. Not sure though if I did a mistake or if it is a bug as I am new to Airbus.

It is amazing that after so many versions of Airbus Aerosoft have not fixed yet that king of bug?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

according to dave.  he believes only 13 people had this problem, as only 13 people reported it on the aerosoft forum. 

so therefore the product is fantastic and it must be something wrong at your end.

what a crock of rubbish, but that is the spin they want you to believe. 

best wishes to all 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

The life of aircraft addon developers is not always easy, I admit.

However, from a user standpoint, it's really hard to hear things like: you are the only one (few) with that problem, something is wrong with you... with no other assistance...

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

On 6/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, garydpoole said:

I can concur that this is indeed a problem, one that I have encountered on a number of occasions.

However, after following some possible 'workarounds' here, "...My Observation is not to activate the ap before reaching the ACC ALT and setting climb thrust.", I now get no issues. 

I believe I have never had an issue, but I also think that the above is exactly what I tend to do. After takeoff I tend to manually fly onto the right course and then turn on the A/P. Can't confirm that's what I always do though.

For me the Aerosoft Airbus has almost always behaved without any issues. The times I had a problem, it was always my fault. That said, this A-floor problem sounds like a bug to me... if the user does everything by the book, there is no reason why it should be the user's fault.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

16 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I believe I have never had an issue, but I also think that the above is exactly what I tend to do. After takeoff I tend to manually fly onto the right course and then turn on the A/P. Can't confirm that's what I always do though.

For me the Aerosoft Airbus has almost always behaved without any issues. The times I had a problem, it was always my fault. That said, this A-floor problem sounds like a bug to me... if the user does everything by the book, there is no reason why it should be the user's fault.

I feel the same.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:52 PM, garydpoole said:

That's how all my A-Floor(s) ever occured both with AS A320 and FF A320U in XP11 and that's exactly how I cured them.

But it's not like 10 mins into a flight like the OP says there.

Dirk.

23 hours ago, Simicro said:

The life of aircraft addon developers is not always easy, I admit.

However, from a user standpoint, it's really hard to hear things like: you are the only one (few) with that problem, something is wrong with you... with no other assistance...

As I said before its a very brave business owner that will openly admit their product is cheap and cheerful. 

As always 

Cheeseburger vs 5 guys

14ppkc-6.png

With the Aerosoft a-320, I did have a couple experiences with the aircraft seeming to lose power and then going into A-floor.  For me, this would happen shortly after I changed my throttle quadrant settings for the two engines from TOGA mode to climb mode.

What I found is that if I see this starting to occur, all I do is move the throttle quadrants briefly to idle, and then reset them into climb mode. The aircraft will then recover and resume climbing normally. In my case, it seems that the throttle quadrant does not always hit the detents correctly when I first attempt to enter climb mode. But finagling the throttle and resetting it in climb mode will fix the issue for me.

Rich

• Like 3