Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

AS airbus goes into A-floor

I wonder why my complaint on the AS forum about this issue , was closed for further comment about 30 minutes after sending my question ????  Suggested was help via PM...

Because they only want rainbows, unicorns, and happy thoughts over there.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

so you get that at cruise after 20mins, just like me? Then it's the same issue. a common bug where the fbw will bug when the autogen loads in the distance and your 0.1% fps go to under 10. it makes the plane go up and down like a rodeo with no valid reason. then it stalls. if you stay in front of the pc you can take manual control. if you don't it will trim up till it stalls. also at some point another bug sets your managed speed at cruise to 122 ias, which will make you stall too

Edited by LH340fan

1 hour ago, LH340fan said:

so you get that at cruise after 20mins, just like me? Then it's the same issue. a common bug where the fbw will bug when the autogen loads in the distance and your 0.1% fps go to under 10. it makes the plane go up and down like a rodeo with no valid reason. then it stalls. if you stay in front of the pc you can take manual control. if you don't it will trim up till it stalls. also at some point another bug sets your managed speed at cruise to 122 ias, which will make you stall too

Yup, that's about the long and short of it. As much as I still enjoy the AS Airbus, you're taking a real chance leaving the 'cockpit' to use the bathroom... 

20 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Because they only want rainbows, unicorns, and happy thoughts over there.

Where's is "best wishes dave'?? 

he's told you numerous times its only 13 people who have this issues so you must be wrong, aerosoft software is perfect and you must be trolling. 

Failing that the topic will be closed.  I'm sure he's busy now emailing the mods to get this one closed too. 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Yup, that's about the long and short of it. As much as I still enjoy the AS Airbus, you're taking a real chance leaving the 'cockpit' to use the bathroom... 

true, cuz your "copilot" might just shut down completely out of a sudden too

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Where's is "best wishes dave'?? 

he's told you numerous times its only 13 people who have this issues so you must be wrong, aerosoft software is perfect and you must be trolling. 

Failing that the topic will be closed.  I'm sure he's busy now emailing the mods to get this one closed too. 

Being fair to AS, I've never complained about the issue, so I can't be counted in the '13'. However, their forum can be pretty intimidating and unless you've "dotted every i and crossed every t', when posting,  you'll be hit with serious 'Airbus speak" to the point of submission.

But notwithstanding, the plane is still enjoyable to fly and for me, it does do the job nicely. 

Edited by garydpoole

13 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

But notwithstanding, the plane is still enjoyable to fly and for me, it does do the job nicely.

I agree the AS A320 is my go to airliner as well and is very enjoyable to fly and meets the balance of needs I have. I love reading and contributing to the Avsim forum regularly and wish we could leave the repeated bashing of this aircraft out, it serves no real useful purpose. For what’s its worth my inquiries on their forum have always been fruitful and my suggestions taken seriously.

Just another perspective for those interested in an aircraft I would not be without.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I absolutely agree to the two statements before, not to forget the framerates, which are much better.. 

to be clear:

-the product is good indeed, as it flies very well if you don't get this issue.

-It has unique features like the printer and clearly is/ could be to the level of QW or CS

-added to that performance is good and visuals are up to date, with a rather low pricing in comparison to its competitors.

The only problem here, like with other companies, is just their attitude; the kind of "You are wrong we're always good" is what bothers me, as well as their attention to customers actually dealing with problems and being treated, well , not as i would think of. This is my personal opinion :

I think every customer of my product should always be happy with it and feel it's worth the money he spent.if he gets WHATEVER problem it's already too much, it MUST be fixed asap. also, whenever someone (other than betatester) detects a minor issue, to take it as a serious problem/help rather than saying "yes, we know, but it's fine".

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, fluffyflops said:

As I said before its a very brave business owner that will openly admit their product is cheap and cheerful. 

No need to go that far. For me, the demonstration of a willingness to acknowledge a problem might exist along with the desire to resolve said problem, without implying any incompetence on the part of the user, is all that is needed to command respect. Hiding behind thin veils of secrecy and denial is no answer and simply encourages distrust in the developer and disenchantment with the product.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

Page did not update to confirm post attached to thread - hence multiple posts/attempts before I discovered my original post had in fact been uploaded! Sorry about that. Not sure whether the ‘fault’ was at my end (iPad/Safari) or with the AVSIM board software.

Edited by Cruachan

Ditto - as above!

Edited by Cruachan

And again, ditto - as above!

Mods, please feel free to remove these 3 redundant posts. Thanks!

Mike

Edited by Cruachan