Sign in to follow this  
Pluto7777

AS airbus goes into A-floor

I couldn't find much problem solving mentioned in this thread. If the problem only comes up with a percentage of users, surely then what is it that makes the difference?

Is there something common between those that find the problem on their system. Can the fault be proved consistently, perhaps from loading a saved flight.

Anyone with the issue should run it on a stock P3D and ascertain the exact conditions that cause it. If the condition persists in the stock sim, you have a case for the devs. if the condition goes away it is then time to add in those sim-altering addons one by one.

Someone mentioned cabin pressure, a hole in the atmosphere injected by the weather engine could cause issues with sharp pressure changes. Checking with different weather would be an idea.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

41 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I couldn't find much problem solving mentioned in this thread.

As mentioned on the first page, the problem can be mitigated by only engaging the A/P once the thrusts have been moved back to the CLB detent. For me, this works 100‰ of the time. Not perfect perhaps, but then, what is in life...? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

As mentioned on the first page, the problem can be mitigated by only engaging the A/P once the thrusts have been moved back to the CLB detent. For me, this works 100‰ of the time. Not perfect perhaps, but then, what is in life...? 

Ok. That is handy then.

So my question is: Are there those that can set the AP at any time, with no issues arising?

If so then what is the difference on those systems that must take care not to engage the AP?

If the condition exists on all systems then is that a bug?

Indeed, when you put off AP then you can manually correct and stabilize but when reconnecting AP a few minutes later the phenomenon comes back, indeed very frustrating, i like the AS airbus but i feel bad about the attitude wich i quote here , and wich i agree 100%   :   The only problem here, like with other companies, is just their attitude; the kind of "You are wrong we're always good" is what bothers me, as well as their attention to customers actually dealing with problems

Exactly. But. if 50% get the problem and 50% do not see the problem, then is it because they missed out something in the plane or they don't know about some other effect of another addon that isn't working right. Instead of pointing fingers, we should have a definitive answer to what the problem is, not how to get around it that is not a fix.

I'm in the same boat every now and again someone will say I get ABC wrong with your product. If I can't recreate it I have to say please look to your system and get back to me with any information about what is the difference. Some get it and provide expert fault finding feedback, others don't and think I'm calling their system names.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveW said:

But. if 50% get the problem and 50% do not see the problem, then is it because they missed out something in the plane or they don't know about some other effect of another addon that isn't working right.

Or, they could be doing something unanticipated by the Developer during Beta testing. 

My one claim to fame was to create an Accountancy suite using ‘MS Quick Basic’ way back in the early days of home computing and involvement of computers in business. I tested it pretty thoroughly, or so I thought, before going live in our Practice. Within the first week of use our Practice Manager had stumbled on a couple of issues simply because she had tried to use it in ways that I had not intended. Fortunately the fixes (error traps) were easy to implement, but it did illustrate how easy it can be to overlook something potentially significant.

It is perfectly understandable for Developers to react in ways that demonstrate a desire to protect all their hard work and testing. However, a wise Developer will always try to listen to their customers with an open mind, just as a Doctor would be extremely foolish to ignore a Mother’s instincts and concerns about the health of her child. Belittling a user’s attempt to report an issue which appears very real to him or her is not very helpful nor constructive. Surely the aim is to make reasonable efforts to strive for perfect operation? No software is without bugs and the more complex the software the greater are the chances of unveiling unexpected issues during extended use.

Currently there are several Developers who excel in this area and, Steve, I count you amongst them as being one of the best. Your willingness to help those like myself to identify solutions or clear up any misunderstandings, contributes enormously to the ongoing enjoyment and pleasure of involvement in this fascinating hobby.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

Or, they could be doing something unanticipated by the Developer during Beta testing. 

Depending upon whether the software was 'black box' or 'white box' tested...

there's nothing to argue as about who gets the error. Sure, we don't al get this problem, but the ones who do, they get it in precise occasions:

(on my case at least)

-popping autogen

-FBW lag due to low fps or popping autogen

-RAM overload.

I think even if some of the ones that have this error have "budget" PCs then we have the right to ask about why do we get this if we don't with let's say the pmdg 777, even under load.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

-popping autogen

Try to lower autogen_draw_distance to medium and there are chances that the popping stops.

- TONY -

3 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Try to lower autogen_draw_distance to medium and there are chances that the popping stops.

fun fact: i actually tweaked this many times, and people always told me the same thing. and when i tried (i stopped counting the number of times i did) it worked even less than high. Now i'm changing my pc in a month, so this shoud be fixed.

Also by popping autogen i meant like the long pauses that sometimes happen because the autogen is loading, and so it shoots your fps

1 hour ago, Cruachan said:

Yes. I tend to give the benefit of doubt to the client, even if their guess is wrong they usually have seen something that contributes to problems. Could be that those without the issue had the 'no smoking sign' on (not a great example). in which case the problem is passed on to the developer, they won't accept any kind of report, there has to be weight in it..

• Upvote 1