Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

cabin announcements

How about having a few cabin safety announcementsavailable in FSX, for the big jets. Just a button you could click in the cabin to roll a simple wav file. Those who don't like it - don't click!Peter Sydney Australia

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Agreed! Great idea.This adds great value (IMO) and especially immersement and notches up the realism a factor.I've often missed this in the default aircraft.Also missed passengers and seeing visually them on the larger aircraft too.

Well, like it said in another thread: If passengers, or people in general, are to be rendered closer that 100' from the player's location they had better be really good looking (major FPS quality is minimum) or it's more annoying than immersing. I've seen enough 2D "paperboard people" in various add ons already and I hate them. Don't bring those into the standard product plz! On the other hand, good looking, animated 3D people (optional of course - they eat CPU cycles after all) is fine! :-)

Seems to me that's a gauge that could be designed today without too much difficulty by those who know what they are doing (not me)? Can a gauge be used to trigger a sound? I don't see why not? Have the gauge pop up an ATC like menu with a list of comments to choose from, and have the selection from the menu trigger the readymade .wav's. You could even then record your own.And you could even have the recordings say all the things you ever wanted to say to your passengers but couldn't :)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>Seems to me that's a gauge that could be designed today>without too much difficulty by those who know what they are>doing (not me)? Can a gauge be used to trigger a sound?Yes. It has been done already, and will doubtless be done again... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And would it have to be bi-lingual too? International flights typically give passenger announcement in two languages - that of the origin country and that of the destination country. How many different languages would be needed to accomodate that? - the EU alone has 20 official languages.

I've got that already in my customized FDSFX panel in FS9, which I have installed on several of my jetliners. Some detailed aircraft/panels come with similar gauges.One switch for each soundfile I have, which spans just about every phase of flight afaik. Plus several extra switches for background muzak during boarding, for example. It ain't pretty, I can't *pause* the background muzak to make an announcement, it's limited to stopping it and then starting the track over from scratch or starting another track from the beginning which is what I usually do.Took me awhile to setup (since it required cloning the gauges since I needed more copies of the gauges than the default panel provided and making the bitmap bigger to hold it and label each switch) but generally works ok... (It does get repetitive because you're limited to what's in your wav/mp3 files, but it's still decent background noise..)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Though it would be cool, wonder if cabin announcements are heard in a typical airliner flight deck. I know we like to make a certain connection between us, the usual PIC (passengers in coach) and our flight simulator, but how much are we leaning towards a passenger cabin simulator vs a flight deck simulation? I also noticed this with the pilots that enjoy wing views. This isn't really a big deal, just stating it to exchange healthy dialog, not interested in religiously converting anyone. Best Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

not that you ever hear them in the cockpit of course...And if you can't stand people disagreeing with you, you shouldn't post on a public forum.

Hi, Peter.That could be easily implemented, and can be done now with Speech utilities like

jwenting,Disagreement is healthy. Not a problem. What do you think about window views and cabin announcements? Do they enrich your flight simulation sessions? Do you have the Level D 763, and if so, what do you think about the pilot-flight attendant interactions? Take care,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

no, they do nothing for me. I'm not in this thing to sit in the cabin as a passenger. If I want that I can buy a return ticket on Easyjet once every other week to somewhere and have the real thing for less than what FS costs me.

>not that you ever hear them in the cockpit of course...>>And if you can't stand people disagreeing with you, you>shouldn't post on a public forum.I think the "Those who don't like it, don't click!" part was in reference to the button to activate the cabin announcements. I don't get any sort of indication that he was putting a gag on disagreements, rather, he explained that the feature would be optional.The self importance around here is stifling...

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.