Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

​​​​​​​What aircraft of yore are you missing ?

Some aircraft that we loved in past versions of  the FS world (from fS2k2 to P3Dv3) have entirely disappeared from the radar screen. I miss some, like the ACOF DH88 Comet or Marcel Felde's Do27. I suppose that you can tweak and import them in our present sim but revisiting old loves with just a  little make up added might not be such not a good idea IMO. 

What are the aircraft you'd love to see remade anew to todays standards  ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Handley Page Victor. I have the freeware Alphasim version I tweaked with a lovely 2d cockpit I used from another Victor which I think used to be available on the UKMil site.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

B-26 Marauder. My dad was on one in WW2.

Bill W

I personally would like to see the Concorde brought back and updated. I enjoyed the challenge it provided.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

37 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Boeing Stearman built by A2A.

Don't you wish 😉 !

There was an excellent Stearman freeware in FS9.  I miss the name of the developper but it was A2A grade (in my memory anyway).

EDIT Bob Sanderson, that's the one !

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Captain Sim 727.

I'd love an updated version with better visuals and textures.

• Like 1

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Some aircraft that we loved in past versions of  the FS world (from fS2k2 to P3Dv3) have entirely disappeared from the radar screen. I miss some, like the ACOF DH88 Comet or Marcel Felde's Do27. I suppose that you can tweak and import them in our present sim but revisiting old loves with just a  little make up added might not be such not a good idea IMO. 

What are the aircraft you'd love to see remade anew to todays standards  ?

I have not seen a Glenn Curtis aircraft, I'd love to see the June Bug recreated or one of his other early vintage tri gear aircraft.  Also, a great rendition of the Spirit of St. Louis, or the Curtis Jenny.....

Xplane11 has a fantastic payware Ford Trimotor, and P3DV4 has a fantastic payware Lockheed Vega, both of which I recommend so much....

John

I'd really like to see a few Luftwaffe aircraft from WW2, namely a decent Messerschmitt bf110, an Fw200 Condor and a Junkers Ju52. The bf`110 was a fairly ubiquitous aircraft in WW2 with well over 6,000 having been built, and these serving in many roles, so it's surprising that it's not better represented in the world of flight sims. Classics Hangar were supposedly doing a bf110, but it's not shown up and their forum posts on it have gone all quiet on that subject, so I dunno the status of it.

I'd really like to see a Focke Wolf Fw200 Condor, as that too was a bit of a classic, having at one point been the fastest and highest-flying airliner type in the world. There were only ever 276 of them built, but given its fairly significant role in WW2 as a maritime patrol aircraft, and not least its role as one of the Fuhrer's personal transport aeroplanes, it is quite a big part of aviation history. How likely that these will ever show up is anyone's guess, although I think there'd be more chance of a bf110 than a Fw200. There is a Ju52 for XPlane but we're lacking a decent one for either FSX or P3D and considering that nearly 5,000 of them were built, in three different countries over the years, it is not as if it is an obscure type, so it's absence from these sims is a glaring one for me and likewise a decent Ford Trimotor too.

One that is on the way for P3D V4 which I'm very glad about however, is the Dodosim Bell 206 JetRanger. That is certainly going to be welcome.

For those missing the DH88 Comet incidentally, there is the Just Flight P3D V4 Mosquito, which is excellent for a bit of that 633 Squadron style fun; the Mossie was of course a development of the Comet, so it kind of scratches that DH.88 itch a bit.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

C-47 by A2A

B-26 Marauder by A2A

38 minutes ago, Chock said:

I'd really like to see a few Luftwaffe aircraft from WW2, namely a decent Messerschmitt bf110, an Fw200 Condor and a Junkers Ju52. The bf`110 was a fairly ubiquitous aircraft in WW2 with well over 6,000 having been built, and these serving in many roles, so it's surprising that it's not better represented in the world of flight sims. Classics Hangar were supposedly doing a bf110, but it's not shown up and their forum posts on it have gone all quiet on that subject, so I dunno the status of it.

I'd really like to see a Focke Wolf Fw200 Condor, as that too was a bit of a classic, having at one point been the fastest and highest-flying airliner type in the world. There were only ever 276 of them built, but given its fairly significant role in WW2 as a maritime patrol aircraft, and not least its role as one of the Fuhrer's personal transport aeroplanes, it is quite a big part of aviation history. How likely that these will ever show up is anyone's guess, although I think there'd be more chance of a bf110 than a Fw200. There is a Ju52 for XPlane but we're lacking a decent one for either FSX or P3D and considering that nearly 5,000 of them were built, in three different countries over the years, it is not as if it is an obscure type, so it's absence from these sims is a glaring one for me and likewise a decent Ford Trimotor too.

One that is on the way for P3D V4 which I'm very glad about however, is the Dodosim Bell 206 JetRanger. That is certainly going to be welcome.

For those missing the DH88 Comet incidentally, there is the Just Flight P3D V4 Mosquito, which is excellent for a bit of that 633 Squadron style fun; the Mossie was of course a development of the Comet, so it kind of scratches that DH.88 itch a bit.

Don't forget the Heinkel 111, best looking bomber in the German Forces, quite similar in look and feel to the 'quito

In Xplane11 there is a quite nice Ford Trimotor, payware which I have and have posted screenshots here at Avsim....  One of the reasons I have two sims is the rarer titles tend to fall into Xplane11's lap...

John

Boeing 337 by A2A offered for P3DV4.  Really would like to see a high fidelity Martian 404 or one of the CV220 or 440 radial twins. 

Vic green

I miss Level-D 767-300, PMDG MD-11(F) and Digital Design Fokker 70/100 (however not without a VC).
I would also say I miss RFP 747 classic, but I know a good one is coming soon from Just Flight.

Edited by Rafal