Sign in to follow this  
MD83

2D Panels in FSX

Hello FS Team :)I would like some basic information on 2D panel support in FSX. Will FSX support 2D panels? Remember, a lot of us have older planes that don't feature virtual cockpits :). I think they should feature in FSX, as I don't believe virtual cockpits are perfect ... yet.Thanks

This has already been asked and answered. Yes.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Mcfly, you didn't give us a link last time that can prove that.

>Hello Mcfly, you didn't give us a link last time that can>prove that.I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I don't think he has to provide a link, he simply answered the question. A search of the forum will provide you with the links (I just tried it, it works). There are several threads which answer this question.- Martin

What I mean is, where is the thread with a comment by Microsoft like "there will be 2D panels in FSX" :)

Guest DreamFleet

Yes, there is such a comment by the FS team, here is the link.http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...ing_type=searchNote what "tdragger" said in that thread, when asked if anyone has seen any of the FSX 2D panels yet. He said "Yes".That's good enough for me.Besides, why would FSX not have them? Why is there concern that they will not be included?Why take out something that so many folks still like?It's a non-issue. You do not remove something from the product that is popular and, yes, 2D panels are still very popular.I have never had a concern that MS would pull the 2D panels out of FSX, even if I did not hear that "yes" answer, and neither should you be concerned about it. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

There was a thread where some kid complained that 2D panels reduced performance and therefore HAD to be removed or he'd do something like not buy the product.The usual suspects came in and confirmed that such would be an excellent idea and Microsoft had better listen and do as they were told.Even making fun of it by stating that there would be no panels at all because of the massive number of complaints about those from home cockpit builders didn't do much.

You missed the joke, it means "Yes" he's seen the panels. Not "Yes" there are 2D panels. Theres a BIG difference! I do expect there will be 2D views though and also a way to turn them off too.

I peronally fly 2D 90% of time, and would hate to have it gone; specially dream fleets 2D panels such as Archer and Bonanza

Thanks for the replies :). I'll assume that 2D panels will be included, due to the large number of people who still like 2D!