Sign in to follow this  
Oddball2040

Install on non-connected computer: RealityXP Stopped Working

RealityXP 430 stopped working, thought it was fixed, but it wasn't as I believe was forseen by some. 

FlightSim 2004 would not even open unless I uninstalled RealityXP.

So I installed a new clean baby fresh hard drive on my computer, and at present all that is loaded on the computer is Windows XP, FlightSim 2004, and RealityXP.

FlightSIm 2004 loads and works fine, but RealityXP doesn't show the 430. Instead, in the rectangle where the 430 normally shows is a grainy image of "REALITYXP". 

The Garmin trainer app works fine when checked separately.  

Below is a cut and paste link to screen shots I posted on Imgur showing how the RealityXP 430 shows up in FS, and a listing of the rxp* files on my new hard drive.  

https://imgur.com/a/rNead7y

Any help will be appreciated!

Steve

PS:  Prior post is below, but prior issues shouldn't be affecting the new hard drive.

Edited by Oddball2040

Added screen shot of rxpgnssim.dll log to photos:

"RxpGNS failed to open GNS Simulation" is listed 7 times.

Thanks!

Hi,

It would help a little more if you'd shown the paths in additions to the files in the 2nd screenshot.

Nevertheless, can you confirm you've reinstalled the GNS with the e-commerce installer and not just copied the file over?

How do I reinstall my software
http://reality-xp.com/store/faq.html

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

RXP, thanks very much for the support.

I was not using the e-commerce installer, just using the original file copy.

However, I've now gone through e-commerce and the reinstall process for transfer to my original XP, and still no luck.  I must be screwing something up.

After installing a fresh FS2004 and a fresh ecommerce install, FS2004 will not even open.  I can get it to open only if I completely unistall RealityXP, OR if I just remove the two configured gauge files (rxpDrop.gau and rxpGNS.gau).

Here's a link to screen shots I posted on imgur: https://imgur.com/a/8MpoAVe

I thought perhaps the licence file, the key file, or the transfer file might be in the wrong locations, so I tried puting those files in both the c:\RealityXP location as well as the C:\Program Files\RealityXP location. No joy, FS2004 won't open.

What should I try next?

Thanks!

Steve

Are you actually really authenticating on one computer and installing on another computer?

This is not the standard reinstall procedure so can you please clarify this?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

"Are you actually really authenticating on one computer and installing on another computer?"

No.

What I thought I was doing was downloading the necessary license, transfer, and key files from a newer computer, and copying them to my original computer with XP and FS2004 on it.  Then installing the rxp program onto the XP, expecting the installation to authenticate using the transferred key and license files.

Because....

The e-commerce site says you cannot connect via internet if you use XP.

The FAQ says (I think) to download via another computer, and click the box that says "for use on a different" computer." 

These are the instructions I tried to follow. http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=license

What do I do next?

Thanks.

Edited by Oddball2040

Can you confirm you've used the "License Transfer Tool" referenced in the aforementioned page?

45 minutes ago, RXP said:

Can you confirm you've used the "License Transfer Tool" referenced in the aforementioned page?

Yes I used the License Transfer Tool, which generated the *.xfr file shown on the screen shot.   https://imgur.com/a/TmiGIPb

The screen shot shows the other (*.lic, *.key) files I've downloaded as well.

I think I have the files that are needed. However the directions are a bit sketchy on what to do with the files so that the XP can find the files to authenticate the gauges.

For example, in which file folders should each of the downloaded files shown be placed?  Where does the installation software look to find the file or files needed for authentication of the gauges? Are the gauges authenticated during installation, or in some other way? 

Is there someone I can call that can walk me through the necessary steps?

Many thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

yes I'm still here but I've failed to find any probable cause but: anti-virus program chocking on our files or problem when using the license transfer tool.

For the former, can you cross check your AV program there isn't any 'rxp' file blocked or in quarantine?

For the later, can you please let me know what step is not clear in the license transfer instructions (included in the license transfer tool .zip file) which I'm copying below:

1. You must take the LicenseTransfer.exe file to the non-Internet connected machine. Place the LicenseTransfer.exe file in an easily accessible location, such as your desktop. Again, LicenseTransfer.exe MUST be on the EXACT computer you are going to use the software on.
  2. Run LicenseTransfer.exe. When you do, enter your name and press OK. You will see a new file called Your_Name.xfr (press F5 to refresh the folder if it does not show up). The Your_Name will be replaced with the name you enter. If you get any errors, then you may need to right click the exe and select Run as Administrator.
  3. You will need to place the Your_Name.xfr file on to a floppy disk, CD ROM, or some other storage device so you can move it to your Internet connected machine where you will make your purchase. This process is also valid for reinstalls where you have already made your purchase, but are using the Reinstall option with your Key file.
  4. On your Internet connected (purchase) machine, place the Your_Name.xfr file into a good, known location. You may want to keep it stored there for future use.
  5. Run the E-Commerce enabled EXE file. When you get to the screen that asks you if you want to use this software on "This Computer", or on "Another Computer", make sure you select the "Another Computer" option. Press Continue. You will then need to browse to the Your_Name.xfr file you created. Then go through the Purchase or Reinstall steps as normal.
  6. The software extracted will not work on the current computer you just made the purchase or reinstall on. In fact, automatic running of the Setup files have been disabled when you use the License Transfer option. What you will need to do is to move the resulting setup and license files to your non-Internet computer. For this example, lets say you are purchasing a product that is developed by Reality XP. You will need to:
  7.     Copy the full contents of the C:\RealityXP folder. Primarily, you will see a large Setup file, plus a file with the .LIC extension. Copy the "MySetup.exe" and "_TRANSFER_MyLicense.lic" file (note the _TRANSFER_ section as this will need to be removed later), as well as any proof of purchase or key files to a CD or other device that will enable you to move the software to the non-Internet machine. If C:\ is not your Windows boot drive, the folder may be "F:\RealityXP" for example.
  8.     Once on the non-Internet machine, you can run the Setup application to run your software. It will be very important you place the license (.lic) file in one of the following locations... The C:\RealityXP folder (or whatever your Windows_Boot drive is that contains RealityXP). You also need to remove the _TRANSFER_ part of the file name, including the leading and trailing underscore (_). If you do not do this, the software will not work. Simply right click the file and select Rename, or highlight the file in Explorer, select File, then Rename. The following is an example:

The file:
              _TRANSFER_MyProduct.lic
        now becomes:
              MyProduct.lic