Sign in to follow this  
HWDALE

File locations for updates?

I am trying to update my 750 but I'm not sure where I should locate my files.  When I download the update should I put the update in the same folder as the setup.exe file?  If anyone can show me their folder setup I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You basically download a .zip file (a compressed archive) which includes the latest e-commerce enabled installers. You just have to unzip the files anywhere, then run the e-commerce installer which corresponds to your product (or run only one of the two if you have two same-family products - ex: GNS530+GNS430). Once reinstalled, you can save/archive the downloaded installers or delete them.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks Jean-Luc.  I may not have done it correctly but it did update my 750.  I just double clicked on the GTN750 exe.  When I did it that way though it overwrote all of my saved flight plans.  That's why I wonder if I did it correctly.

2 hours ago, HWDALE said:

it overwrote all of my saved flight plans.

Hi,

the installer wouldn't delete anything unless there is a bug. Could please further detail what 'saved flight plans' or files is this about?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

These are stored in the embedded memory (aka non-volatile memory) which is a file on your hard drive. This is further documented in the RXP User's Manual in the 'embedded memory' chapter.

The only reason to 'loose' these files I'd know of is to manually delete the folder where they are saved. Otherwise this could have happened when updating from 6.41 to 6.50.1 because the 6.41 uninstaller would wipe out the folder where they are located.

You might want to backup these files from time to time or better yet, store you flight plans in .gfp format elsewhere and import the .gfp into the device when needed!