Sign in to follow this  
AdamCF

Anyone know good maps for LNM?

Not entirely sure where to post this, but I'm looking for the best map you guys have in littlenavmap. I'm fine with OpenStreetMap, but the issue is that the taxiways and runways are wrong (mote notably the taxiways). This makes it difficult as an ATC or Ground controller. Thanks for any replies. 

LNM gets the airport data from the sim..

So it’s more likely the airport itself that’s wrong than LNM.

Luke Pype

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:55 AM, MaDDogz said:

LNM gets the airport data from the sim..

So it’s more likely the airport itself that’s wrong than LNM.

Are you sure? Only OpenStreetMap has runways and taxiways, even with FSX's scenery library installed. Are there other scenery libraries I can get?

4 hours ago, AdamCF said:

Are you sure? Only OpenStreetMap has runways and taxiways, even with FSX's scenery library installed. Are there other scenery libraries I can get? 

OpenStreetMaps contains a hard coded version of the airport, which includes runways, taxiways, etc.

However, those don't necessarily concur with the add on or default scenery areas, which is what LNM reads.

There is no guarantee these two will match up.  The date the FSX scenery areas were created, the decision of a designer to include or not include everything, etc. will influence this.

You can turn off some of the FSX scenery elements in the Tools->Options->Map Display windows if you want to play with the look.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Just now, airernie said:

OpenStreetMaps contains a hard coded version of the airport, which includes runways, taxiways, etc.

However, those don't necessarily concur with the add on or default scenery areas, which is what LNM reads.

There is no guarantee these two will match up.  The date the FSX scenery areas were created, the decision of a designer to include or not include everything, etc. will influence this.

You can turn off some of the FSX scenery elements in the Tools->Options->Map Display windows if you want to play with the look.

Ernie

Thanks, but I'm not sure why the taxiways aren't showing up. Someone I know had it working but, even though our settings were the same, his was much different.

As an example, I'll use Stamen Terrain at KJFK. I have scenery libraries from FSX installed and everything in "map display" turned on.

Example with OSM (scenery library was installed just now):unknown.png

Yet when I switch to a new map, such as stamen terrain: unknown.png

For comparison, here's my friend's whose settings I have copied: unknown.png

the difference that you are seeing is that in the first two photos the FSX scenery isn't being displayed.

the third photo has the scenery showing.

Have you tried depressing the 'Force map to show addon airports" icon.  It's the one at the top of the screen with the star on the circle under the 'Help' menu text?

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

2 minutes ago, airernie said:

the difference that you are seeing is that in the first two photos the FSX scenery isn't being displayed.

the third photo has the scenery showing.

Have you depressed the 'Force map to show addon airports" button.  It's the one at the top of the screen with the star on the circle under the 'Help' menu text?

yes, didn't change anything

Have you selected Scenery Library -> Microsoft Flight Simulator X as the option rather than X-Plane 11 and done the Scenery Library -> Load Database thing?

If that doesn't resolve it then it's probably best to wait for Alex to see what he suggests.

Ernest Pergrem

Try

tools

last option

opens a window for settings.

first 3 tick boxes along the top, ticked?

Luke Pype

This is one of the checkboxes Luke mentioned. If you see the airport icon and this is checked you also should see the aprons and taxiways.

grafik.png

Some airport scenery uses transparent aprons and taxiways when using photoscenery as a background. Not sure if that is the case here.

Alex

Alex