Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Indago UAS

Is the P3D v4.5 Indago UAS (AKA Drone) flyable, or can it be made flyable....??

I've looked around the forum here, Googled etc, but can't seem to find any info on it. You can select it from the "select aircraft menu" and it loads up with a rudimentary VC and the usual external views, but my throttle and joystick don't seem to have any control effect on it.

Using the in sim map, I took it up to 1000 feet AGL, but it just sits there hovering and can't be controlled, but you do get a nice VC and spot plane view...

I just thought it would be kind of cool if you could fly it, might be nice for inspecting some of your expensive add on airports "low and slow" to get a real birds eye view of things....😎

hgklLlT.jpg

JdUhkrP.jpg

Hello,

Yes it is flyable but it uses a special set of keys, I can't remember from the top of my head which ones are these, but you can find it out by looking inside the P3D configuration keys at which point you can assign the UAS control keys to your preferred key or joystick, etc.

Regards,
R.

53 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hello,

Yes it is flyable but it uses a special set of keys, I can't remember from the top of my head which ones are these, but you can find it out by looking inside the P3D configuration keys at which point you can assign the UAS control keys to your preferred key or joystick, etc.

Regards,
R.

Brilliant!

Thank you, i'll give that a try....🙂

EDIT: So I think I've found the keyboard controls.... They are contained in an XML file called "DefaultControlMap" which is found in SimObjects/Misc/Indago_UAS/Controls. 

I'm going to try and condense it down in a quick reference sheet to the basic flight controls such as pitch, yaw, and throttle control, etc.

I honestly wouldn't have any idea how to switch control of this thing from these custom XML based keyboard controls to my default joystick and throttle setup (Saitek X52 Pro), but if you've got any suggestions or ideas I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks again.

Edited by SunDevil56

Would anybody by chance know how to add a sound set to the drone..??

I realize drones are pretty quiet, but they do make some noise, especially when they're close by, and this thing is dead silent in every view.

I tried adding the sounds from the default Robinson R22 helo, but the drone wouldn't recognize them, so I have no idea what else to try. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated, thanks.