Sign in to follow this  
Camsdad13

Speed up Traffic flow on Departure

Good Morning,

I fly weekly for work. Is there a way to speed up the Taxi into position and hold sequence when the departure in front of you starts it’s takeoff roll? 

Currently ATC has me holding on the taxi way until the previous departure is gear up before entering runway. In all of my travels in real world, we would enter the runway when the previous departure was halfway thru it’s takeoff roll. Once previous departure was airborne and proper separation, we would be cleared for takeoff. 

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff, afraid not. Radar Contact uses the “state” of Ai to determine what to do next. It will generally issue a LUAW command when the “state” of the departing aircraft has changed from takeoff 2 to enroute. Only then does it know the runway is clear as the Ai has left the ground.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Although Ray will not approve, if you really want to you can line up and take-off without approval (horror, shock) you will be shouted at but after take off RC will calm down and issue instructions as normal.

Not approved but there you are.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Don't worry Ian, I've done the same myself. But there is another alternative. Use Traffic Zapper in FSUIPC to exterminate Ai directly in front of you. I must be a virtual mass killer the number of Ai that I've disposed of! :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There was a freeware utility I do not recall that allowed you to space out approaching traffic placing them in a holding pattern queue. This allowed aircraft in the take-off queue to interweave with those on approach reducing the take-off queue back-up. I think there were two versions. One jogged the incoming aircraft at high speed which I found distracting. The other was more subtle. These were under fs9 but there may be versions fir FSX. Anyone recall the names?

AiSeparation and AiSmooth I believe. I don't use either.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather