Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Questions About The RAAS

Hi Bryan,

Just installed the RAAS Pro for P3Dv4, but I'm not getting any sounds or advisories from it as I'm taxing. Before I go farther, let me say that before installing the RAAS Pro, I uninstalled the LOCKED RAAS that came with the PMDG 777 and the Aerosoft. I thought it might be better to do that since the RAAS Pro full version would have cover them, and I was wondering if I should have left them and if that could be the cause of my problem. When I'm in the sim, I can go to the Addon at the top and it does show the RAAS Pro in that menu and I can open the User Interface. Does this mean that RAAS Pro was installed successfully? But I still not getting any sounds from RAAS. Now the one thing I did notice is that there is a User Interface that has a box that says Master Switch On/Off. The manual is not clear on this and does not specify if this Master Switch has be to on, or checked, for the sounds to work. But I did checked that box and I started to get some sounds. Since the manual does not specifically say that the switch has to be turned on, I'm assuming that the User Interface is for something else, but not sure. So, to make this clear, does the Master Switch have to be checked, or turned on, before I get any sounds? And if it's off, I will not get any sounds? I also thought that RAAS is supposed to call out "approaching taxiway" but it has not done that. When I finally got the sound to work by checking the Master Switch box and turning it on, I would be on the runway taking off, and RAAS would call out "approaching taxiway," when I'm on the active runway, and it seems to me it should call out "on runway 24," or something like that. I did submit a ticket but there were some things here I forgot to mention.

Ken.

Hi Bryan,

You mentioned that the master switch has to be checked, or turned on. Is that supposed to be turned on by default? Every time I load a flight, I sometimes forget and I have to go and turn it on every time. Is there a way to have it to be on by default? I also noticed that it looks like I'm supposed to setup a profile. Am I supposed to do that?

Ken.

For the Master Switch to be saved, you need to setup a profile.

To do that, just open the RAAS in game menu and create a profile and link it your aircraft.

Very simple.

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=user_interface_overview

But make sure you install the beta: