Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

REX EF Final Vertict?

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Are you using an AI traffic add-on?

No

Darren Morris

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

when several layers of clouds and overcast conditions are depicted, my FPS will suffer due to this

sorry, I wasn't clear in my question - I meant does EF have any incremental FPS hit over and above SF + ASP4 - I was thinking more about the shaders aspect of it

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

My idea: the faster the update rate, the lesser the extend of change between two weather situations

hmmm... interesting - I had gone the other direction with less frequent updates, but I see your logic

Darren Morris

I shelved it after 2 weeks of total frustration with it (initial 2 versions) and it not being compatible with PTA.  To the guys now successfully using it, can you do the following with the latest version:

1. Completely disable the HDR adaptation effect (the pupil effect)

2. Adjust VC lighting separately

3. Completely disable bloom effect

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

36 minutes ago, AnkH said:

I now reduced the update rate in both ASP4 and EF down to the minimum, means they both update themselves as fast as possible (1min for EF, 5min for ASP4 if I remember correctly). My idea: the faster the update rate, the lesser the extend of change between two weather situations...

That's interesting Chris, I might give that a try, thank you.

20 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I shelved it after 2 weeks of total frustration with it (initial 2 versions) and it not being compatible with PTA.  To the guys now successfully using it, can you do the following with the latest version:

1. Completely disable the HDR adaptation effect (the pupil effect)

2. Adjust VC lighting separately

3. Completely disable bloom effect

Thanks!

1) There is now (next build to go public) an On/off option

2)That's sorted, there is no separate adjuster, but the last beta was like using my old PTA VC looks.

3)that seems like your talking about #1, not seen any excess boom.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

Works perfectly for me, apart from having to re-register it now and again (this should be fixed in the next update).

You have to give full right (right click properties/security, choose your username and edit to allow everything) on your rex folder and it will fix the problem ;)

• Like 2

I use PTA. If I buy EF, what happens to PTA? Can I keep it, and if so are there any PTA features I shouldn't use?

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, SledDriver said:

I use PTA. If I buy EF, what happens to PTA? Can I keep it, and if so are there any PTA features I shouldn't use?

I have exactly the same question. Does anyone use both products together?

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

I have exactly the same question. Does anyone use both products together?

Thank you!

Shader mods on top of shader mods 

Imho use either one of the two, or use EF and only set PTA/TS settings that EF does not modify..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I'll probably stop using it soon I think. Since day 1 I've always found it makes the sim too bright/washed out and I've never had the time or patience to really look into trying to fix it

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:00 PM, SledDriver said:

Still not clear if they can really function together but as Gerard stated above, it's shaders on top of shaders and I would not use PTA with EF.  It was marketed as being compatible on day one and they were not compatible. In fact my sim got pretty messed up running both of them together.  If you like what you see with PTA there is probably not much reason to change....I went back to using PTA only.  If EF eventually has all the features of PTA I may try it out again.

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Shader mods on top of shader mods 

Imho use either one of the two, or use EF and only set PTA/TS settings that EF does not modify..

This is not really true @GSalden

EF has shader mods, and also and not less, textures changes and lightning control.

Last, automation mode has algorithms and not just shader formulas. It also has some overcast tricks on weather and style based cloud rendering.

Comparing EF to a shader mod, you will lose 70% of the comparison. You keep comparing incomparable products

Edited by fs1
  • Like 3

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

EF has shader mods, and also and not less, textures changes and lightning control.

Last, automation mode has algorithms and not just shader formulas. It also has some overcast tricks on weather and style based cloud rendering.

Comparing EF to a shader mod, you will lose 70% of the comparison. You keep comparing incomparable products

Does EF change textures & lighting based on the current weather reported at the station?

I know that it uses SkyForce textures, but my hope is that if I want to fly in the Caribbean & ASP4 says that it's partly sunny, I'd like to see that weather in the sim with the appropriate water colors.

I have not seen any images of the Caribbean with ASP4/Skyforce/EF combo posted. I'd love to see some from current users. Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

22 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Does EF change textures & lighting based on the current weather reported at the station?

I know that it uses SkyForce textures, but my hope is that if I want to fly in the Caribbean & ASP4 says that it's partly sunny, I'd like to see that weather in the sim with the appropriate water colors.

I have not seen any images of the Caribbean with ASP4/Skyforce/EF combo posted. I'd love to see some from current users. Thanks.

Yes it does, and also the cloud alpha and size.

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

You do not understand what I wrote..

When using a PTA/TS preset and you already have the Sim looking good , putting EF on top of it will make it look different....

With PTA/TS you can use expressions so the look will change depending on weather, altitude , time of day etc.

So putting EF on top of a PTA/TS preset might lead to issues ( too bright , too dark, too grey etc )

I have had multiple e-mails over the last weeks from people using PTA + EF and were not happy with how it looked. 

So imho either use a PTA preset + EF in manual mode or use EF in Automated mode + a PTA/TS preset with only Shader mods like Nightlighting , urban Nightlighting to prevent unwanted effects. 

That EF also had other features is very nice but was not what I was writing about..

It does not matter how s program changes the look, If 2 of them are being put on top of another the outcome might be not what people want.

Regards, Gerard

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I currently use EF on top of my PTA preset without any issue. I might try once without PTA, might be that I anyway see no difference. All I did for "my" PTA preset is: I completely removed all "dynamic" PTA settings. Means: I use the preset from AdamNZ and for those settings he used a "dynamic" setup, I changed it to a fixed value. This because EF is dynamic, and dynamic on top of something dynamic certainly results in strange adjustments (my guessing, I am not entirely sure).

EDIT: to include what Gerard wrote. As long as PTA puts a fixed value that you are happy with, EF can be used to dynamically modify this fixed values. At least for me, the "automatic" mode of EF currently produces good looking results on top of my static PTA preset. Maybe a little bit to bright, could be that without PTA, this slightly enhanced brightness will be gone, but as mentioned, I first have to test this.

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS