Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

A suggestion to the FS2020 developers

Please get yourself a copy of 20 year-old Flight Unlimited 3, play with it for twenty hours and get us everything it brought to our hobby into the new sim (weather, ATC, water physics etc.) 😉.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You've not watched the preview video then?......🙁

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

20 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

You've not watched the preview video then?......🙁

Oh yes, I did. Something I have learnt over tens of years of gaming : never, ever believe a trailer. Enjoy them for what they are. A figment of a marketer imagination. Do not believe that they reflect the actual product. 

Then again FU3 brought us more than nice vistas. Dynamic weather including ridge effects not only lovely clouds, water physics, an impressive ATC etc. The FS world has painfully, mostly thought the work of smart 3rd party developers, tried to partially emulate that. High time that it gets into the core.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I firmly believe that Lockheed Martin are almost certainly involved in this, and P3D v5 will be their chance to separate gaming from military simulation MSFS being the public face allowing LM to revert to what they do best (and earn the most money at). On that note, I believe MSFS will be everything that every simmer has ever dreamed of.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Lol, Really think that Xbox Gaming Studio developers are going to have a look at these forums? Seriously?

MS is a $1 trillion company & I, sure their developers & project managers have sorted out their game plan years ago.

Sigh! As I'm sure you are aware, Xbox Game  has in excess of 64 million users, a few thousand of self styled hard core simmers's comments, wishes, demands etc are not going to affect anything, or change MS's target market from gamers. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Microsoft flightsim team members do on occasion scan forums to determine what their target audience thinks. We even had one of the team members become a regular contributor to the Microsoft Flight forum. The Aces team also contributed to the FSX forum after release and before Acceleration.

So don't kid yourself. You never know who might be lurking in the shadows.😎

• Like 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

13 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Microsoft flightsim team members do on occasion scan forums to determine what their target audience thinks. We even had one of the team members become a regular contributor to the Microsoft Flight forum. The Aces team also contributed to the FSX forum after release and before Acceleration.

So don't kid yourself. You never know who might be lurking in the shadows.😎

I wonder if the same can be said for the Xbox team for Microsoft Flight. This is not like the old days with the Ace team. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

I firmly believe that Lockheed Martin are almost certainly involved in this, and P3D v5 will be their chance to separate gaming from military simulation MSFS being the public face allowing LM to revert to what they do best (and earn the most money at). On that note, I believe MSFS will be everything that every simmer has ever dreamed of.

We must not forget/forsake the question: 'what if MSFS is NOT everything every simmer has ever dreamed of?'

Lockheed Martin has been very kind to our community, and this community has been very kind to them.

I personally would love for MSFS to be a huge success, but at the same time, I would hate to be compelled to have XP as the only go-to (somewhat full featured) sim.🤢

4 hours ago, domkle said:

Please get yourself a copy of 20 year-old Flight Unlimited 3, play with it for twenty hours and get us everything it brought to our hobby into the new sim (weather, ATC, water physics etc.) 😉.

I agree, but I would go much further, by suggesting that MS makes MSFS exceed all features of all flight sims from all time including add-ons. Even the failed flight sims had several excellent features and concepts for their time. But at the minimum, MSFS will have to exceed the current choices we have today.

Flight simmers will need to have a good reason to fully support something new.

I look forward to the feature list of this new MSFS.:smile:  

5 hours ago, domkle said:

I can almost guarantee you that the ATC in FU3 will never happen in MSFS.

BTW, last time I tried FU3, it did not load at all. FU3 was the most immersive sim of the era. That said, my current P3d v4.5 blows it away.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, pracines said:

We must not forget/forsake the question: 'what if MSFS is NOT everything every simmer has ever dreamed of?'

Lockheed Martin has been very kind to our community, and this community has been very kind to them.

I personally would love for MSFS to be a huge success, but at the same time, I would hate to be compelled to have XP as the only go-to (somewhat full featured) sim.🤢

I agree, but I would go much further, by suggesting that MS makes MSFS exceed all features of all flight sims from all time including add-ons. Even the failed flight sims had several excellent features and concepts for their time. But at the minimum, MSFS will have to exceed the current choices we have today.

Flight simmers will need to have a good reason to fully support something new.

I look forward to the feature list of this new MSFS.:smile:  

About LM, I entirely agree with you. I'd hate to see them leave the consumer market. I very much like the idea of an aerospace company backing up my sim, more than the MS gaming division, truth be told. 

On the other point. Being old and all that, I'd be less ambitious. I'd settle for  some significant improvements besides the fluff, from older sims.

Dominique

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I can almost guarantee you that the ATC in FU3 will never happen in MSFS.

BTW, last time I tried FU3, it did not load at all. FU3 was the most immersive sim of its era. That said, my current P3d v4.5 blows it away.

Never revisit older loves. Keep the memories. 

P3D is an excellent sim that would immensely gain by getting a better ATC, much better air dynamics and at least decent water physics, everything FU3 had 10 years back

• Like 1

Dominique

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Never revisit older loves. Keep the memories.

My point is that I doubt that the devs will get it to run on today's hardware/software.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

My point is that I doubt that the devs will get it to run on today's hardware/software.

You may be right here 😃 ! That was kind of a rhetorical suggestion. 

Dominique

18 minutes ago, domkle said:

You may be right here 😃 ! That was kind of a rhetorical suggestion. 

6Ws3zuq.jpg

You had to be a part of that sim & the community it created to truly appreciate it. I even got a hold of the UK scenery one of the members created. It was a special sim.

• Upvote 2

Maybe, for further FU discussions, take it to another form? such as The Outer Marker? (as this forum is about MFS)

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...