Sign in to follow this  
markgixer6

Carenado C90 GTX King Air - Alternatives?

23 hours ago, tttocs said:
10 hours ago, FDEdev said:

@markgixer6FYI, the Alabeo 310R has the better/more realistic FDE and of course the nicer textures. 

That said, comparing the C90 and the 310 is means comparing apples and oranges. For VFR flying the C90 is IMO more suitable,  not at least due to the much better visibility from the VC! 

The engine nacelles and the main tanks are considerable obstructing the view in the 310.

Furthermore the aircraft performance difference between a piston twin and a turboprop is like day and night.  

Definitely the 310R Redux.  It's the same FDE, but with much upgraded textures, the Milviz/Rex wx radar and full support for GNS or GTN GPS's.

Scott

Ok, decision made. I'm going to stick with my original intention and go for the C90, mainly because it fits better into my current line up than the C310R from a performance point of view (its not as close to my Bonanza as the C310R would be) and I agree with FDEdev that the cockpit view is well suited to VFR flying. However, thanks for all the comments I really appreciate the input. It's really helped me make a decision with confidence and I've learned a fair bit about some of the options mentioned, which I had no clue about before. The Milviz C310R Redux may well be on a future shopping list as it's obviously a high quality, well respected product.

Happy flying...