Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What We Want (Part 1)

31 minutes ago, irrics said:

Integrated/native third party add-on store solution of some kind. 

It need not be the only way to add on to the Sim, but it would be a tremendous benefit to have it as a preferred default way, especially for mainstream and Xbox customers

I wouldn't close it completely, I would rather create it's own store, inside Steam/Microsoft Store and sell add-ons in there as "Approved by Microsoft".

Payware developers outside this enviroment wouldn't receive any kind of support.

8 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I wouldn't close it completely, I would rather create it's own store, inside Steam/Microsoft Store and sell add-ons in there as "Approved by Microsoft".

Payware developers outside this enviroment wouldn't receive any kind of support.

I guess I don’t really know what you mean by “closed” there…

I’d like Microsoft to have their own store built right into the Sim so the Xbox users could use it.

I don’t want the sim closed off to third parties outside their store, but we are in an era now where a first party integrated store with vetted and curated choices would be a big win for everybody.

Edited by irrics

3 minutes ago, irrics said:

I guess I don’t really know what you mean by “closed” there…

I’d like Microsoft to have their own store built right into the Sim so the Xbox users could use it.

I don’t want the sim closed off to third parties outside their store, but we are in an era now where a first party integrated store with vetted and curated choices would be a big win for everybody.

We are in the same page, then. By closed I meant something on those lines: "If you don't sell through our store, you won't be developing to our platform".

But I really think it would be amazing to have their own CURATED store, with products that went through a Microsoft quality control. Inside this enviroment, devs would have direct support and contact with the MSFS developers. That's what I think would give us more stability on the long term.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@ca_metal

I get you and I totally agree.

I want the wild west to still be out there for those that want to bring their sim to its knees and not know what’s wrong with some weird third-party addon.  You do you guys..have at it.

But — I also want a great curated first party solution for those of us that want to focus on flying and have somebody else worry about performance and compatibility and baseline quality. 

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

This topic is here to summarize all the community wishes for this new sim in term of features.

I would like MS to work with Orbx on scenery loading methods, and get rid of "pauses" and morphing terrain..

There is nothing worse than sitting still in the air for a second or two while scenery loading takes priority over flight... or watching terrain morph into higher resolution tiles right in front of you..

• Like 4

Bert

60 FPS over LHR in a serious complex aircraft on a reasonably expensive gaming PC with eye candy up towards max.

That, is all I ask.

6 hours ago, Matthias1231 said:

Fully open up ATC and AI traffic in the SDK for 3rd parties to add ...............

so that in the first instance, available runway assignment reflects real world flows ...... downwinds, noise abatment, low visibility. 

for now, cheers

john martin

Developed on BRAND NEW code from the ground up. Doubt that's the case. But it's 2019, use current technology. I hope this is the case, with Azure AI, etc.. being shown in the trailer. This is a wish list, if this is not the case, I am alright with it. It's just my wish for the list 🙂

Multiplayer across PC and Xbox platform's! I wanna be on PC and fly with people on Xbox too and vise versa.

Mission Creator with an awesome GUI and from simple to use to super complicated mission creation.

Edited by Learjet777
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I would like more to do in the sim. I have come and go from flight simulators over the last couple of decades (I’ve been on ‘go’ mode for the last couple of years, but this new announcement is drawing me in again). What makes me go I think is a bit of a sense check on how much of an inappropriate time sink these sort of apps can be, pretending to fly little digital planes around the world. Especially since kids came on the scene. What would make me come back would be some sort of structured ‘point’ in playing it, beyond learning about how to operate the systems of a 737 which is never likely to be actually useful for me.

If I take it as a given that all the rest of the ‘serious’ stuff is at least as FSX, and that at some point it will be possible to install reasonably involving and complex aircraft into the game, I really hope they have thought about modernising the rest of it. I really enjoyed setting big aircrafts up, taking off and landing, but the long bits in between are mind numbing by and large, and utterly pointless in the grand scheme of life. Even train sim has proper routes and passenger scenarios etc, why can’t flight sim? And I don’t mean the rescue people off mountains type stuff - just a bit if a framework around having a virtual ‘career’ or something where you can invest different amounts of time depending on what else is going on in life. 

Another thing I would like to happen is a much more coordinated approach to add-ons. I don’t think we can get to the level of something like iracing because I’m assuming that everything is not going to get developed first party, but it would be great if you could buy, install and update everything from one place. I also think exposing the current market to a broader user base might help reduce or remove some of the ridiculous pricing you get in the flight sim world. 

In other words, can we make it fun?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Actually on the serious things, what is important to me is:

- good atc that’s better than anything we have now

- weather and atmospheric effects

- graphics that create more immersion 

- a flight model that is as fun to fly as x plane, and doesn’t feel like small planes are hanging by wires in the sky when you fly them

- one interesting thing could be for MS to buy a few of the key add-on companies as they have done in some other genres. Imagine what a fully backed a2a could do in that sort of context. I’d like ms studio versions of a2a, hifi and some of those airport designers to start with. Not bothered about orbx. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Everything in the demo video along with realistic ATC chatter & an advanced ATC system.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Cold & Dark for GA like in Microsoft Flight, walk up to plane, get in, you could either use the Auto Checklist and start or Manual one. It was cool for GA.

I figure big iron people just need Cold & Dark and run through the checklist themselves clicking switches, etc.. but they at least should be able to walk around and inspect the plane.

We can use our imagination for checking oil, battery, flaps, rudders, etc... After all it is a game, I mean simulator 🙂

I am just happy they told or showed us Major stuff, the entire world, jets, GA aircraft, multiplayer, and an improved weather and scenery engine. Details we do not know.

Imagine had they not shown a JET in that video. Might not be the jet you want, but there is at least one in the video! 

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

13 minutes ago, Learjet777 said:

I am just happy they told or showed us Major stuff, the entire world, jets, GA aircraft, multiplayer, and an improved weather and scenery engine. Details we do not know.

Imagine had they not shown a JET in that video. Might not be the jet you want, but there is at least one in the video! 

Just to point out that we don't all enjoy the same things, I had that "imagine" feeling about how there wasn't a helicopter in the trailer. 

A flight sim without a helicopter? Madness!! 😄 

But it's early days, and there is plenty of time to know whether that will be included. And I'll still try the new sim because I'm curious, even without an initial rotary wing in the fleet.

Anyway, I'm not going to post a detailed list of what I want because it could be summarized as "what I have now in X-Plane, with much better weather, and seasons would be nice so it isn't always summer in Alaska." But put me down for a helicopter here at least.

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

12 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Just to point out that we don't all enjoy the same things, I had that "imagine" feeling about how there wasn't a helicopter in the trailer. 

A flight sim without a helicopter? Madness!! 😄 

But it's early days, and there is plenty of time to know whether that will be included. And I'll still try the new sim because I'm curious, even without an initial rotary wing in the fleet.

Anyway, I'm not going to post a detailed list of what I want because it could be summarized as "what I have now in X-Plane, with much better weather, and seasons would be nice so it isn't always summer in Alaska." But put me down for a helicopter here at least.

I hope they didn't any helicopters because they want to improve a lot the helicopters. Helicopters on FSX/P3D have odd physics/behavior. 

• Like 1

a new 3d engine . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.