Everything in the demo video along with realistic ATC chatter & an advanced ATC system.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cold & Dark for GA like in Microsoft Flight, walk up to plane, get in, you could either use the Auto Checklist and start or Manual one. It was cool for GA.

I figure big iron people just need Cold & Dark and run through the checklist themselves clicking switches, etc.. but they at least should be able to walk around and inspect the plane.

We can use our imagination for checking oil, battery, flaps, rudders, etc... After all it is a game, I mean simulator 🙂

I am just happy they told or showed us Major stuff, the entire world, jets, GA aircraft, multiplayer, and an improved weather and scenery engine. Details we do not know.

Imagine had they not shown a JET in that video. Might not be the jet you want, but there is at least one in the video! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Learjet777 said:

I am just happy they told or showed us Major stuff, the entire world, jets, GA aircraft, multiplayer, and an improved weather and scenery engine. Details we do not know.

Imagine had they not shown a JET in that video. Might not be the jet you want, but there is at least one in the video! 

Just to point out that we don't all enjoy the same things, I had that "imagine" feeling about how there wasn't a helicopter in the trailer. 

A flight sim without a helicopter? Madness!! 😄 

But it's early days, and there is plenty of time to know whether that will be included. And I'll still try the new sim because I'm curious, even without an initial rotary wing in the fleet.

Anyway, I'm not going to post a detailed list of what I want because it could be summarized as "what I have now in X-Plane, with much better weather, and seasons would be nice so it isn't always summer in Alaska." But put me down for a helicopter here at least.

12 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Just to point out that we don't all enjoy the same things, I had that "imagine" feeling about how there wasn't a helicopter in the trailer. 

A flight sim without a helicopter? Madness!! 😄 

But it's early days, and there is plenty of time to know whether that will be included. And I'll still try the new sim because I'm curious, even without an initial rotary wing in the fleet.

Anyway, I'm not going to post a detailed list of what I want because it could be summarized as "what I have now in X-Plane, with much better weather, and seasons would be nice so it isn't always summer in Alaska." But put me down for a helicopter here at least.

I hope they didn't any helicopters because they want to improve a lot the helicopters. Helicopters on FSX/P3D have odd physics/behavior. 

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

I hope they didn't any helicopters because they want to improve a lot the helicopters. Helicopters on FSX/P3D have odd physics/behavior. 

I agree about the odd physics, it's the reason I use X-Plane for helicopters.

I also agree it would be a good idea not to have a helicopter in the initial release, if they don't have a completely re-written flight model for it. Because dedicated helo sim pilots will look for things like ground cushion exit and entry, vortex ring state, mast bump, and retreating blade stall. All the rotary wing nerd stuff that actually is modeled in modern PC sims like DCS and XP11.

That would be a heavy lift (hah!) for the initial release of MSFS when they have to please so many other fans of fixed wing aircraft.

I would be fine with a comment from MS that they intend to model helicopters the right way, so it will arrive later in the development roadmap. I'ts inconceivable to me that they wouldn't include helicopters at all. It's not a flight sim without a helicopter, unless you have an unusual definition of "flight." 😉

• Like 2

No way not after what MS did to us after all these years!

I'm sticking with P3D4!

P.S.-But that's what I said about FsX too!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Polymerman said:

No way not after what MS did to us after all these years!

I'm sticking with P3D4!

P.S.-But that's what I said about FsX too!

lol

Exactly.

Just watch - if MSFS 2020 is back to being amazing and class leading, nearly everyone will get onboard

(especially if there's robust 3rd party support)

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

I want whatever the best Sim is.

Cheers,

Here’s a completely random one. Having just finished red dead redemption 2 a couple of weeks ago, I’d like ms to offer as many of the designers and programmers as they can jobs on the new flight sim! Rdr2 is by far the most impressive piece of entertainment I’ve experienced in years and the technology is mind blowing...

6 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

Having just finished red dead redemption 2 a couple of weeks ago,

This is outside the interests of many here, but let me mention this:  I noticed my daughter in law playing it and it was several minutes before I realized she wasn't watching a movie.  It's that good.

A flight sim doesn't need that kind of graphics unless it includes a lot of things to do on the ground.  We can hope...

Hook

PS.  I want it all, and I want it now, and I want it gift wrapped, and I want it delivered!

H.

• Relatively seamless compatibility with premium 3rd party aircraft developers (PMDG, Majestic) or remarkably similar accurate aircraft
  • Good native VR support
  • ATC with realistic voice that at least understands SIDs and STARs

- Head movement to feel GForces, roll & pitch anticipation, touchdown shake effects (like XPRealistic)

I'd like to see a 100% realtime reproduction of real life on my PC. Realtime real life weather; realtime real life ATC with realtime real life aircraft all over the globe; realtime real life scenery so including realtime real life people; realtime real life cars including realtime real life traffic jams; realtime real life animals; buildings being build and broken down; crops being planted and harvested; people making love and people making war; oh, and what about shops being open for actual shopping... Well, you asked what I WANT...! Isn't that what we all want in the end?!? 😎

But obviously, I don't expect MSF to deliver all that. Although it seems some simmers actually do expect MSF to deliver all that... 🤔 All I hope is that MFS will come a bit closer to what I want than the current flight sims. 😉

Posted (edited)

@ Flamingpie of course everyone wants that, but just be realistic in your wishes 😉 .

I should add real live traffic is available in XPlane (LiveTraffic plugin https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/ which use data from https://opensky-network.org/https://www.adsbexchange.com/ , http://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/ which is awesome), so I really hope Microsoft will include that as well!

Edited by Noooch

14 minutes ago, Noooch said:

@ Flamingpie of course everyone wants that, but just be realistic in your wishes 😉 .

I should add real live traffic is available in XPlane (LiveTraffic plugin https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49749-livetraffic/ which use data from https://opensky-network.org/https://www.adsbexchange.com/ , http://www.inside.net/ss/realtraffic-for-psx/ which is awesome)

and in Prepar3d as PSXSeecontraffic

https://www.lekseecon.nl/

for several years now, i.e. much longer than XPlane's Live Traffic. Anyway both are really nice, even more as Real Traffic now allows display of 24 h time-shifted (once real) traffic.

Kind regards, Michael

VR!

The picture should swim to simulate turbulence. at the same time the senses are deceived.

• Upvote 2

An easy way to upgrade the sim's AIRAC data to match navigraph cycles.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LHookins said:

This is outside the interests of many here, but let me mention this:  I noticed my daughter in law playing it and it was several minutes before I realized she wasn't watching a movie.  It's that good.

A flight sim doesn't need that kind of graphics unless it includes a lot of things to do on the ground.  We can hope...

Hook

PS.  I want it all, and I want it now, and I want it gift wrapped, and I want it delivered!

H.

Yep, and the graphics aren’t even the most impressive part. I have never felt a virtual world feel so real. 

I want everything brand new, I don't want any of the current add-ons to work out of the box. ATC, ATC, ATC, ATC

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Avatar type person with which you can walk from the hangar/ terminal/ ops building over to the aircraft, perform the walkaround, climb steps/ wing-step/ up into the aircraft, seat yourself, etc, without any of this 3rd party Dev addon camera nonsense we have to use at the moment.

Edited by ganter
  • Like 1

• Real Flight Dynamics/Physics
  • Real weather dynamics/Physics like real turbelence model,windshear,vortices, real time etc. All weather data must be synchronized from many sources not only from metars.Also you have to rethink about flying through big thunderstrom cells or cancel your flight due to severity.Weather affect aircraft perfomance ex ice accumulation,hail damage etc
  • Environment affects aircraft perfomance ex hot day,high alt airports etc
  • Sloped Runways affect perfomance too
  • Ground Friction model
  • AI flights synchronized with real flight schedules from many sources like flightradar24 etc
  • Realistic Failures Model
  • Realistic Crash model (fire ,broke up wings etc )
  • Contaminated Runways affect perfomance
  • Advanced features for hardcore simmers (ACARS , CPDLC,Multicrew functionality etc open for 3rd party devs)
  • Real time database to update automatically every new change for airports ex new runway ,new building construction -geographically ex magnetic variance etc
  • Updated Navdata
  • Fix the real time bug utc time zone local etc
  • Flying north -south poles easy, north poles routes from us to asia without problems
  • Weather radars depiction up to 320nm and so on ex earth curvature or ground cluster would affect depiction etc
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Newness and simplicity are what I want to see.  Nothing based on 2006 code should be in here.  Also, the base sim should need less help from add ons to work well.  Great scenery, ATC, weather, flight planning and AI traffic should be part of the sim itself.

When and where add ons are needed (i.e., aircraft), let's have a simple way to add them and update them from within the sim.  It's simply too "messy" now in FSX, P3D, and XP to stay up-to-date. 

Edited by ricka47
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Some great ideas, plus for me:

• oil rigs/fields with flare stacks
  • random blue light vehicles (fire/police/ems)
  • forest & bush fires/volcanic ash
  • AI helicopter traffic
  • simulation (at least) of HF radio & Oceanic procedures however basic.
  • oh and bird strikes..

JWH.

Edited by flyingpicket
  • Like 1