Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Up With Froogle and MSFS?

5 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

there you go ... how can we inject this foward thinking to some parts of our community ?????   if i would of kept all the machines i had built for FS my garage would look like that back of a thrift store ... man im ready to max out another credit card on the new sim . 

Boys and their toys. Most of us can't resist. Mind putting me on your credit card 🙂 You gonna build a NEW PC too? Of course you are, unless you just did? Or a NEW PC build and a NEW Xbox 🙂

Buying a NEW PC, Xbox, Flight Simulator, possible add on's... PRICELESS, Mastercard 🙂 I think that is the card company with that tagline 🙂

• Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, Learjet777 said:

Boys and their toys. Most of us can't resist. Mind putting me on your credit card 🙂 You gonna build a NEW PC too? Of course you are, unless you just did? Or a NEW PC build and a NEW Xbox 🙂

Buying a NEW PC, Xbox, Flight Simulator, possible add on's... PRICELESS, Mastercard 🙂 I think that is the card company with that tagline 🙂

lol not a new card the same card i had been using for fight sim expenses for a long time . lets see when we find out what this new sim has coming at that point all figure if i need a new build or not . on the other hand my hackingtosh needs an upgrade already too . Apple lost it with the new mac pro Pricing ...

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Old Mastercard New Mastercard , still priceless 🙂 Man are we all gonna have fun. I mean we already do, but a NEW shiny this is always good. I just got my very first gaming PC a little over a month ago. Prebuilt and very happy with it. But I can change anything from processor to graphics card, power supply, motherboard, anything. I am not a builder of PC's at this point. I can't or won't upgrade it during the 1 year warranty 🙂 But I shouldn't have too anyway. Other fairly current sim's run rally well at Max settings or a little below that! So I should be good.

And the latest news from the MFS team is awesome!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

I really like froogle(pete) and I have not seen his video although , I'm still waiting for more info. We are all so excited about something we really know nothing about. I'm new a new poster but been in the forums for over 10 years. I think its quick to say it's the best sim ever or hate on it. All i know is that i wont change anytime soon. 6 months with p3d I'm happy as a pig in mud. 

Edited by ashleyjames

On 6/20/2019 at 12:57 AM, irrics said:

Not even joking, I closed mine in 2009. 

And I've never had one, he said thankfully....................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 6/20/2019 at 4:49 PM, David Mills said:

Froogle's video reminds me of people who go on Amazon and write scathing reviews of books they don't own and have never read, simply because they don't like the subject matter of a particular book. Froogle didn't like the subject matter: a new sim. His video wouldn't have been so off-putting if it had contained some actual content, detailing the specifics of his distaste for MSFS 2020. But of course he couldn't provide any substantive commentary because he hasn't used the product. Still, he provided a harsh rebuke of the new sim. He couldn't even bring himself to praise the stunningly beautiful graphics within the MS demo. Talk about sour grapes! Hillary Clinton had a better attitude about Trump's victory than Froogle has about MSFS 2020.

Perhaps some of you who understand computers better than I do can utilize the "Wayback Machine" site and retrieve Froogle's video for everyone to see, since I'm sure he'll try to recast and spin what he said and claim he's been misrepresented and lied about. It was visible at 7:30PM ET on June 19th.

The last Wayback Machine update for froggle.com was June 11.............................

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

2 hours ago, W2DR said:

The last Wayback Machine update for froggle.com was June 11.............................

Must not have gotten captured. The video was there and he says on Facebook he removed it.

Pete's got a cold, so give him break. Probably some strong painkillers that got his panties in a twist.

I'm a fan of his "Froogle channel" - not much like it on youtube. I don't always agree with his opinions on stuff, but I don't seek out information only to confirm my own biases, I like to know what others think and feel. 

• Like 4

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 hours ago, simmerhead said:

I'm a fan of his "Froogle channel" - not much like it on youtube. I don't always agree with his opinions on stuff, but I don't seek out information only to confirm my own biases, I like to know what others think and feel. 

He gets a lot information and details wrong for many products, so it’s good you aren’t seeking too much information from him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, irrics said:

He gets a lot information and details wrong for many products, so it’s good you aren’t seeking too much information from him. 

Any information not coming directly from the horses mouth will be distorted to some degree. I always take info from anybody with a grain of salt.

I follow Froogle's channel to get the bigger picture of what's happening in the sim world. If I need the details (which I rarely do), I go directly to the source. 

• Like 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

I follow Froogle's channel to get the bigger picture of what's happening in the sim world

Precisely why I stopped following him actually.

He often misses very notable releases in a given week or few weeks and then when he does talk about them, the details are so sparse and often incorrect that it's honestly just "lost time" for me - thus I moved on.

Glad you like it.  Nice to have options for everyone.

Anyone thought of just following Thomas Rasmussen?

Pete always uses his videos and then just narrates marketing copy for the products, and is often wrong or missing key details.

It might be time better spent to just check out the videos from Thomas and then come to a forum for details and thoughts from people who've gotten into a product and have a lot of actual information about it (not just the marketing angle).

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, irrics said:

Anyone thought of just following Thomas Rasmussen?

Pete always uses his videos and then just narrates marketing copy for the products, and is often wrong or missing key details.

It might be time better spent to just check out the videos from Thomas and then come to a forum for details and thoughts from people who've gotten into a product and have a lot of actual information about it (not just the marketing angle).

I think he only does X-Plane content.  Seems like every time Froogle uses his footage its from X-Plane.

I miss the old days from Froogle when he did in-depth videos on add-ons like the PMDG 737NGX.  Pretty sure those came out before the add-on was even released too.

The news posts are nice because I don't have time to read about flight sim all the time, but it seems like that's about all he does nowadays.  Also, I don't care for combat sims, or even other non-ESP sims really so often times when his news show consists of "here's some DCS news and some X-Plane news" I couldn't care less.

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Upvote 1

He’s back with another attempt at a video on this...

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1

New video is out. I woudn't waste your time since i already wasted mine.

- he goes on about guessing that some of the features seen in Dovetail Flight sim are now in the video of this Microsoft Flight sim and so it means that Microsoft Flight Sim is built on Dovetail Flight Sim. Apparently he has no clue that such technology have been available in other games for years to come, and any attempt to actually revamp a flight simulator genre would have those features too since they are considered standards for the game industry (including other flight simulators such as DCS).

- he goes around saying that no simulator created by Microsoft ever had good performance on launch,

- the issue about streaming scenery if your connection is not reliable etc etc is valid, but we don't know yet how it's gonna work, what is going to be streamed (if anything).

- concerns about monetization, and where addons will be distributed and what kind of control Microsoft will have on them. 

- concerns about this new sim destroying a "perfect" environment developed in both XP11 and P3D thanks to Microsoft absence, and that it will lead to even more sim fragmentation since he also mentions DCS, Aerofly FS2, Flyinside, Deadstick.

- concerns about P3D being used by users for entertainment purposes (regardless of the EULA) and what might happen to them and their investments if Microsoft somehow asked LM to enforce this Eula better

In conclusion, he is GUESSING that the launch won't be smooth (like it is for most videogames right? 😛 ) and that there won't be good quality addons on launch (because there were for the previous FSX and other sims? 😛 )

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."