Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Up With Froogle and MSFS?

Like many of you, I'm a big fan and follower of Froogle on YouTube. I always look forward to his wonderful weekly updates about flight sim news and add-ons.

About 7:30PM ET today (Wednesday, June 19th), I got notification that Froogle had just uploaded a new video about the just-announced Microsoft Flight Simulator for next year. I immediately dropped what I was doing and eagerly watched Froogle's new video. I was stunned at what I saw and heard. First of all, Froogle's video was titled "Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 -- Who Cares!" At first I thought that the name of the video might be facetious, just to make sure people clicked on the link. But no, the video was an inexplicably embittered, sulking, hyper-critical scolding of Microsoft for creating its new sim. The 12-minute video literally said NOTHING positive or encouraging or hopeful about the new MSFS, nothing. It was almost as if Froogle's self-esteem or sense of usefulness within the flight sim community had been shattered by Microsoft's announcement, an announcement which most of us found very exciting indeed.

After I watched Froogle's video, I spent the next 20 or 25 minutes eating dinner, after which I returned to the computer to watch the video again, thinking I'd perhaps misinterpreted his distraught emotional state. But by the time I returned, Froogle had deleted his "Who Cares!" video from YouTube altogether, no doubt because of the predictably bad reaction it received and because of his repeated, bogus statement that the new simulator might not run on a PC. But in answer to his question, EVERYONE cares about the new sim. We're all curious and interested. It may or may not live up to our expectations. But there's no reason for such an embittered attitude about a flight simulator that's not even been released yet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

A lot of those guys are trying to be the Howard Stern of YouTubian Land. They are targeting views and subscribers so they peddle controversial entertainment. 

Edited by kowen
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

That's pretty much the reason Froogle isn't relavent. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 10

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Ya I don't get it either. I have high hopes for this sim, it looked pretty neat. And if it is a sim and not a game and if 3rd party can create for it, it's going to be amazing. Maybe he's lashing out because he's really been pushing xplane. Not anything wrong with that, and it is a good sim. But I wonder sometimes if he's not getting something in return lol. 

• Upvote 1

Channel grows stale, say / do something 'controversial' to get clicks / views / subs.
Don't put too much store in these celebrities / influencers, they'll do a 180 if it benefits them to do so and make up tenuous reasons for doing so.

You'll get a much better feel of what direction the community is heading in or what the overriding opinion is by reading posts on social media platforms / forums.

P.S. Oh, while I remember, doesn't he have a relationship with PMDG? If so, he's certainly not impartial while uncertainty exists over whether they will be permitted to sell their products for FS2020.

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

39 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

That's pretty much the reason Froogle isn't relavent. 

I think he removed the video .I stopped watching him a long time ago . check socialblade he is in fact lossing subs .just today lost 14 wonder why . I run a small channel too (not sim related ) so  know that some prefer to put out a video with some hate to gain some action again . 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I think this announcement is really pissing off a lot of people involved on the simulation world. Most of them are too quiet or trying to bash it. 

Microsoft is huge and if you invested on this business, you can face hard times until the dust settles and the market knows for sure what will be coming next.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

M $ is not to trusted after what they did with FSuX.  I am not optimistic.

• Like 4

spacer.png

I saw his video before he removed it. His reasoning for removal is posted on his Facebook page if your really interested in what is going on. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I saw his video before he removed it. His reasoning for removal is on his Facebook page if your really interested in what is going on. 

Oh?  What’s the reason?

2 minutes ago, irrics said:

Oh?  What’s the reason?

Looks like backlash and not mentioning it was for PC also. 

FroogleSim

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, MrSpeaker said:

Ya I don't get it either. I have high hopes for this sim, it looked pretty neat. And if it is a sim and not a game and if 3rd party can create for it, it's going to be amazing. Maybe he's lashing out because he's really been pushing xplane. Not anything wrong with that, and it is a good sim. But I wonder sometimes if he's not getting something in return lol. 

No, Laminar doesn't work that way. They're not a conventional business that needs forum puppets and paid reviewers to promote what they do. It's Austin's baby and we're just along for the ride.

I didn't see the video and I don't follow that channel. Maybe it's leftover hard feelings about MS Flight or DTG's FSW? 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

No clue why he’s so pessimistic on MSFS. 

Seems shortsighted. 

It if it ends up being great, don’t worry, he will do the fastest 180 you can imagine. 

• Like 7

The video reminds me of the FSW and Orbx drama from last year. I use to enjoy watching Froogle back in the day when it came to reviews and flight videos. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

Wow folks, there is a lot of hate and anger directed toward his video, especially on Facebook. Frankly, I'm shocked. While I admire the passion flight simming seems to generate, some of you really need to examine your lives, if your willing to spread that much hate and invective toward one persons opinion, especially given the fact this is just a hobby. 

I don't know Froogle, but I do know that he has tried to help the community with his posts and videos, and for that I respect him greatly. Ease up on the guy, he certainly doesn't deserve to be vilified. 

-Bill

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3