Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

A2A Aircraft

Hi,

VOX ATC is causing me a few headaches at the moment (probably user error)

I have some A2A aircraft installed but VOX ATC does not recognise them when I run the panel configurator...They are not listed to be able to add the VOX ATC panel...

Any ideas please guys?

Dave

3 hours ago, davenicoll said:

Hi,

VOX ATC is causing me a few headaches at the moment (probably user error)

I have some A2A aircraft installed but VOX ATC does not recognise them when I run the panel configurator...They are not listed to be able to add the VOX ATC panel...

Any ideas please guys?

Dave

A2A's GA aircraft that are designed for P3d4, use the add-on.xml method for installation into the sim. VOXATC should find them correctly but if not, your options are limited. You can try using VOXATC panel configurator to uninstall all aircraft, followed by an install of all aircraft. Then check the individual panel.cfg files with a text editor to see if the two VOXATC gauge entries were added correctly. There should also be two lines at the top of the file which add the VOXATC gauges to the P3d4 menu.

If that doesn't work, then open a copy of panel.cfg from an aircraft where the VOXATC install worked correctly and copy those two gauge entries to the target A2A panel.cfg file. Make sure that you renumber the entries in panel.cfg and add the P3d menu entries. This sounds like a lot of work, but it's actually fairly straightforward. Make sure that you make backups of your default A2A panel.cfg files.

Sometimes if a particular panel.cfg has dozens of gauge sections, the VOXATC panel configurator doesn't work correctly, but I don't think that is the case with any of the A2A planes.  You also might want to check if the A2A aircraft are installed correctly and there are no remnants from the previous installs that used the legacy P3d installation method.

I just checked my A2A panel.cfg files and they all have the correct VOXATC entries, either at 15 and 16 or 14 and 15. I'm wondering whether the A2A navigation gauge configuration utility overwrites any manual changes that are made to panel.cfg. VOXATC's panel install database has no way of knowing whether some other app deleted the VOXATC gauge entries. This may be why "uninstall all/reinstall all" works in the VOXATC panel utility. That clears the VOXATC aircraft panel database.