Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

I really hope that the community plays with MS and not against it. If so, this new flightsim will really FLY!

• Like 2

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

From everything I have seen from them so far I am happy with what I am seeing. I have never ever been let down by any release of Microsoft Flight Simulator since the first one in 1983, and I don't see disappointment in this up coming one either. 

Edited by Matthew Kane
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Brilliant news!

While the proof is in the pudding and we need to reserve judgment until we get our hands on the final product, this gives me plenty of hope and vindicates holding a positive outlook for the last week and a half on the development of this new sim.

"Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind."

On second thought:

Meh. Didn't mention 6-axis, full motion sim. Clearly one or two hardcore pilots will be left behind. Disappointing! 

😉

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 minutes ago, roarkr said:

I really hope that the community plays with MS and not against it.

I believe they are sincere in what they wrote.  "We want to make the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator for you, with you."

If we work with them, we might have a truly wonderful Simulator.
The ball is on our court.

-----------------------

On the other hand, I will never abandon Prepar3D, LM has had our backs for quite a while.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you MSFS team.

We appreciate you too and are happy to fly with you.

:smile:

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Good post and thanks for bringing that to out attention.

I think we’ve all been chomping at the bit waiting for more info.

Reallt pleased about the emphasis on Simulator and 3rd party and community development.

Looking forward to the next round of news.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

43 minutes ago, pmb said:

I am a GA flyer and dependent on good scenery.

I'm a GA flyer too, and I'm mostly looking for interesting scenery with plenty of variety.  I get the variety flying different places in the world.

Of course, the only good thing you can say about the Meteor Crater in FSX is that once you've seen it a couple of times in the sim, if you see a pic of the real thing you'll recognize it. 🙂

I fly using real world charts and what I can see out the window with the stock scenery.  I don't use the GPS or in-game maps.

In some areas the regional landclass is better than others.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I guess all the people who wanted this to fail doesnt have anything to say now? we finally have a chance to get a new updated sim and people are up in arms about it. Isnt this want we always wanted? lmao

• Like 2

Very positive soundings from Microsoft there. I am reassured but won't count the chickens before they hatch. I look forward to learning more in August.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Great news indeed, looking forward for this.

Mikael Leinonen

Awesome news! the ms team are watching lol

• Like 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I said earlier on another thread today we don't now what`s included but if they have reached out to third party`s we would not know the NDA will see to that. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

It looks like they’ve engaged with a select number of developers already, who knows which ones and why - perhaps companies they trust, or those who Lockheed have recommended etc, but will start the process up with some of the other players now. I still think orbx are carrying the biggest risk, especially as they’ve been out in the cold so far.