Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

I mentioned earlier that it wouldn't surprise me if they were monitoring our conversations and I see some of the concerns mentioned here being mentioned.

I hope I'm right and they are in fact listening to us.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

46 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Reading now, but the first thing that I saw opening the link just now was this.

"We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR. "

Crow about to be eaten by some.

🙄 So you were reading, decided to stop reading so you can post here, then you finished reading and posted again 🤣

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I am really intrigued how Community Content Creation will be done. Hopefully MS will provide really easy-to-use tools for regular people to create mods and other content and share with the community. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

23 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I guess all the people who wanted this to fail doesnt have anything to say now? we finally have a chance to get a new updated sim and people are up in arms about it. Isnt this want we always wanted? lmao

They will be back tomorrow and raise other concerns, don't worry.

About the message, I'm really looking forward for the development roadmap, August couldn't be so far... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I guess all the people who wanted this to fail doesnt have anything to say now? we finally have a chance to get a new updated sim and people are up in arms about it. Isnt this want we always wanted? lmao

I totally agree. Next, we'll be seeing post's about why an open SDK will be an immediate failure !!! LOL !!

• Like 2

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

The information released from MS about this platform seems quite encouraging. Glad to see they released additional information today and look forward to hopefully seeing more visuals coming from Microsoft soon.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

It looks like bad news for Froogle 😂 (sorry I had to say it 🤣),  DCS, XP, and all the others. Unless its "all talk and no action", this will be very difficult to compete with or beat.

The king has returned....great news for me.😁 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

It looks like they’ve engaged with a select number of developers already, who knows which ones and why - perhaps companies they trust, or those who Lockheed have recommended etc, but will start the process up with some of the other players now. I still think orbx are carrying the biggest risk, especially as they’ve been out in the cold so far. 

There are several who believe the A320 NEO in the video is from Aerosoft; they base their claims on the cockpit geometry and Autopilot fonts; I guess the latter really distinguishes Aerosoft product.  We do know that Orbx and PMDG weren't invited to the initial party. 

Matt King

Those words are much more exciting to me that the trailer. At least it is a very good start.!!:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I split this from the 79 page original topic on the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.  Hopefully it will make it easier for our members to read without going through over 70 pages.

Jim

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

12 minutes ago, Greazer said:

So it's a Proper Simulator for PC platform? I will believe it when I witness Proper flight modeling. Until then I am Not sold.

Do any third party devs have proper flight modeling? Because they just said third party devs will be included.  Meaning there will be proper flight modeling......

Who'da thunk...

After the summary dismissal of the Aces Studio team and the terse announcement that FSX would be the final iteration of the M$ simulator series. "Never say never" comes to mind.

Interesting times.  😎

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

32 minutes ago, Greazer said:

So it's a Proper Simulator for PC platform? I will believe it when I witness Proper flight modeling. Until then I am Not sold.

It took 1 sec to view your YouTube page to understand the impetus of your comment; as an obvious Xplane fan, the notion of MS returning to a genera they dominated for 4 decades threatens the investments (time/money) you've made.  If MS comments are true, you can bet Xplane's market share will retract; they simply don't have the resources to compete with MS.  I'm not suggesting they'll disappear; after all, they've coexisted with MSFS for 3 decades. However, the realistic notion of Xplane capturing the majority of the market and enticing key third party developers was quickly squashed with MS E3 announcements.  I suspect when MSFS enters the market, developers will shift focus to this platform as it has the potential to attract a significant audience. Xplane will once again be eclipsed by MS shadow; in short, we're returning to the simulation environment of the 90s/2000s...I know that causes many consternation and is the genesis of comments like yours...          

Edited by kingm56
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Matt King