Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

Since it seems they are following the feedback/forum post from us simmers, I hope they consider the following.

1) Get Pete Dawson on the team and involved in the build with what he can offer.

2) Get to know A2A Simulations, SimCoders, Carenado, PMDG and Majestic and see if "some" the default planes could be from their collections by having them as part of the 3rd party team.

3) Get PilotEdge, Vatsim and IVAO involved and find a way to make being part of what they do a streamlined option for online multiplayer in addition to a more inhouse way.

4) Orbx, Flightbeam, Flytampa should be part of the airport scenery community.

5) FSDreamTeam GSX should be considered if there is not already something in the works for that in the sim itself.

6) VR, Avatar mode, starting locations outside the plane should all be considered.

7) Being able to select DPs and STARs should be part of the flight planning.

8 ) System rich GPS/ FMS/ FMC /glass cockpits for the default planes.

I'm not going to touch on weather as it looks like that is something that they are working on making the best they can. There is a lot that could be pulled from what the other sims are doing very well and small features that should be included but if the above items make it to the sim development, then this could be a one sim fits all sim for the masses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

It took 1 sec to view your YouTube page to understand the impetus of your comment; as an obvious Xplane fan, the notion of MS returning to a genera they dominated for 4 decades threatens the investments (time/money) you've made.  If MS comments are true, you can bet Xplane's market share will retract; they simply don't have the resources to compete with MS.  I'm not suggesting they'll disappear; after all, they've coexisted with MSFS for 3 decades. However, the notion that Xplane capturing the majority of the market and enticing key third party developers was quickly squashed with MS E3 announcements.  I suspect when MSFS enters the market, developers will shift focus to this platform as it has the potential to attract a significant audience. Xplane will once again be eclipsed by MS shadow; in short, we're returning to the simulation environment of the 90s/2000s...I know that causes many consternation and is the impetus of comments like yours...          

lmao I completely agree

57 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

I mentioned earlier that it wouldn't surprise me if they were monitoring our conversations and I see some of the concerns mentioned here being mentioned.

I hope I'm right and they are in fact listening to us. 

When FSX was first released, AVSIM was the main site watched by the Microsoft Aces team members.  They posted here a lot and also mentioned topics and posts in the lead developers web page.  But it does not mean it will continue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

27 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

Who'da thunk...

After the summary dismissal of the Aces Studio team and the terse announcement that FSX would be the final iteration of the M$ simulator series. "Never say never" comes to mind.

Interesting times.  😎

What's that phrase?... "its the economy stupid"  ---- makes all the difference 📈:biggrin:

• Like 1

I can see a few developers eating humble pie, and go crawling to Microsoft in a short space of time, it will be an interesting watch.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

I can see a few developers eating humble pie, and go crawling to Microsoft in a short space of time, it will be an interesting watch.

They are all business and need to put food on the table by offering products that benefit us. If anything, they have the higher ground after what happened with Flight.

Awesome! They came out early answering most of the speculation swirling around for the last 10 days. Cant wait for FS11!

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

In light of the news, it's end of game for P3D (in terms of usage by simmers), unless v5 will use the same engine of MSFS2020. And also X-Plane will recede back in its market share as it was before v11.

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

28 minutes ago, eaim said:

Though I don't hope for the demise of Laminar XP, I have been getting sick and tired of ESP developers flocking to XP, and yet no XP developers flocking to ESP. It makes us P3D users have to wait longer and that is an annoying trend. MS referenced "concerns in the current eco-system" and that has been a big one of late for me.

Both FSDT and DD developing an all new KORD for P3D is another one of them concerns of mine - who needs 2 different KORD for P3D? There are plenty of other airports that need love. It does not need to be a secret that a 3PP is planning on developing a specific airport. One community one goal, not wasting time and resources. Hopefully waste like this will be avoided in the future.

We have so much "double" of add-ons - 737's, 747's, 757's GSX like, GTN's, Wx, airports, textures, mesh, and on and on. So much competition for the same things when there is so much left undone. We are way too small to compete with ourselves, when there is a huge world, and a gigantic aviation universe to cover. Lets compete with the gaming industry in the realism, value, graphics, efficiency and fun departments, then maybe NVidia with give us a thought.

We have to stop competing with ourselves, and commit to excellence for the good of the community.👍

Edited by pracines
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

In light of the news, it's end of game for P3D (in terms of usage by simmers), unless v5 will use the same engine of MSFS2020. And also X-Plane will recede back in its market share as it was before v11.

I agree, MSFS has always been the most complete, easy to setup (for simmers of all experience levels) out of box experience release after release. People will come just for the MSFS title alone. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

So it's a Proper Simulator for PC platform? I will believe it when I witness Proper flight modeling. Until then I am Not sold.

Well sure, none of us will be "sold" unless it lives up to expectations. Which will be different for all of us. 

The way I look at it, it should at least be a nice diversion from what I do in XP11 and FSEconomy with my preferred aircraft models and places of the world I fly in.

I will absolutely buy this new MSFS and run i through its paces. If all it does is allow some fun zooming through the Grand Canyon, that's fine. I'm glad they're coming back, and from this latest news, it looks like they're reaching for the brass ring on the carousel. Good!

If it can replace what I'm doing now in XP11, I'll move completely to the new platform. I flew MSFS for years before that, so I'm agnostic on platforms. Give me what I enjoy most, and I'll fly it. But I expect it will take a while to build out to the point where it might be a full alternative. And that's fine. I'm looking forward to see what they can do.

• Like 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It won't be an instant transition. There is always a year or so of blurred usage from one sim to the next. We once used only FS9 until FSX came out, we still used FS9 with FSX until everything we needed was developed for FSX. Then came along P3D. Most of us kept using FSX 90% of the time with some P3D thrown in until the add-ons we liked were released and FSX went to the recycle bin.

I believe this transition to (what we suspect) a completely new engine will take even longer. This is uncharted territory for everyone involved. It will take developers some time to get rolling. I bet we still have a good couple years of solid P3D or X-Plane in our lives until we can be fully dependent on the upcoming version of MSFS...which will hopefully sustain us for the next decade like FSX did.

Exciting times ahead

• Like 4

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

1 hour ago, largechungus said:

Do any third party devs have proper flight modeling? Because they just said third party devs will be included.  Meaning there will be proper flight modeling......

We shouldn't have to depend on that.

Example: The reason helicopter simulation is (arguably) better in XP11 than it is in FSX/P3D, is because the underlying flight model supports the kinds of things helicopter sim pilots care about, like VRS, retreating blade stall, and mast bumping in the default sim flight model, without having to force 3rd party developers to fudge it with plugins on top of that.

Fixed wing or rotary, you shouldn't need a 3rd party add-on to make the flight model more realistic. That's old-school thinking. This is new school. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

24 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I agree, MSFS has always been the most complete, easy to setup (for simmers of all experience levels) out of box experience release after release. People will come just for the MSFS title alone. 

And.. for some of us, this will mean having to move to Windows 10 from Windows 7..

Just to try a new sim..  Just pause and think about that for a minute..  :unsure:

ps... Thinking about it.. was FSX not what made me move from Windows XP to Windows 7?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I had to re-check the url to be sure it was legit, it is! Pinch me, am I awake?

Getting ahead of myself here but how about resurrecting Train Simulator using the same engine once MSFS is back in the air?

• Like 4