Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3 - Updated Information

LOl, It's like calling Windows 10 the new Windows XP,  

Because it's not? Why should we? Microsoft certainly does not recognise it as such.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 minute ago, Wobbie said:

LOl, It's like calling Windows 10 the new Windows XP,  

Because it's not? Why should we? Microsoft certainly does not recognise it as such.

LOL Ok, I will keep calling it the new "ACES". Deal with it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

As you can see above, those are the names of the Studios(343, Rare etc). As you quoted, XGS (Xbox Game Studios) is a DIVISION, not a STUDIO.

Do you know in which of those studios above the new Flight Simulator is being developed? Is it a new Studio? Unless you have a reliable source for the naming of it, we still have no clue which is the Studio name.

What ?! No Crimson Skies 😂 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, Learjet777 said:

They do make hardware for gaming, aka Xbox, and it will run the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. I doubt it, but wouldn't rule it out. Did they have a joystick at one time? Or am I wrong? They make keyboards 🙂

Yes they did, the Microsoft Force feedback Sidewinder 2, I still have it and it's still working as good as when I bought it, although I use other Joysticks and yokes now. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

41 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Do you know in which of those studios above the new Flight Simulator is being developed? Is it a new Studio? Unless you have a reliable source for the naming of it, we still have no clue which is the Studio name.

I do. 😉
In fact, none of those you listed.

I'ts developed by a french studio, Asobo.

Source (french newspaper Le Monde):
https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2019/06/17/ce-que-les-352-jeux-video-evoques-a-l-e3-2019-disent-de-l-etat-de-l-industrie_5477576_4408996.html

The studio is known for developing AAA games for different platforms. They have also worked on augmented reality, in close collaboration with Microsoft. I've read somewhere that they are also contractors for some pro flight simulation products in the aeronautical industry, but I can't confirm that rumor.

Pascal

PS: and to add yet more fuel to the speculation game, it seems that James Croucher, former Dovetail developer, is now part of Asobo team. Go figure ! 😄

Edited by Pascal_LSGC
  • Upvote 1

Truly brilliant, positive and promising news.  Thank you Microsoft for talking to us about this new FS2020 and not going radio silent.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Murmur said:

[...] X-Plane will recede back in its market share as it was before v11.

Hey Murmur, do you want to bet ? 😄

In fact, I would be much more worried if I was a P3D user.

Cheers,
Pascal

Edited by Pascal_LSGC
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

Hey Murmur, do you want to bet ? 😄

In fact, I would be much more worried if I was a P3D user.

Cheers,
Pascal

I really don't think there is much reason for worry or panic from a users point of view on any sim in the short/medium term.  In the long term, you may have a different view of things anyway.  Why all the drama.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I don't see a problem with three main sims carry on they have before and will do again, and I don't get the x is better than y thing, think of it as more choice and better for third party support to grow and bring more to the platforms.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

55 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

I do. 😉
In fact, none of those you listed.

I'ts developed by a french studio, Asobo.

Source (french newspaper Le Monde):
https://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2019/06/17/ce-que-les-352-jeux-video-evoques-a-l-e3-2019-disent-de-l-etat-de-l-industrie_5477576_4408996.html

The studio is known for developing AAA games for different platforms. They have also worked on augmented reality, in close collaboration with Microsoft. I've read somewhere that they are also contractors for some pro flight simulation products in the aeronautical industry, but I can't confirm that rumor.

Pascal

PS: and to add yet more fuel to the speculation game, it seems that James Croucher, former Dovetail developer, is now part of Asobo team. Go figure ! 😄

Ok, now I have a reliable source and a name to call the studio. LOL

Won't be calling it ACES anymore, but ASOBO?! Really? 🤣

Edited by ca_metal

1 hour ago, Daedalus said:

I'll ask you something, what visually looks dated to you in the Aerosoft airbus seen on the MSFS trailer? I think you overreact on what is dated and what is current. It may surprise you that Microsoft default aircraft will be dated system wise compared to the add-on aircraft we have in P3D. Microsoft won't make PMDG/FSL/Majestic/A2A/Leonardo etc. level aircraft. No matter how much better PBR or rain effects the default aircraft have, the systems and custom physics that go into the development of 3rd party addons is something Microsoft doesn't do. It takes years and years to develop just one of them from scratch. Even with the money and people power of Microsoft, it is a significant investment to make one such aircraft simulation.  If things goes as good as possible for 3rd party, Microsoft will provide the tools they need to make their add-ons compatible and adapt to the new technology, PBR, rain effects, Anti-Aliasing etc.

And please I didn't ask you to indicate me what to do. With the big aircraft developers out of the game, MSFS won't win the hardcore simmer who strives for absolute flight and systems realism. In that scenario that I don't believe and don't wish, serious flying for aircraft accuracy would be done only in P3D. And its not because people can't wait, its because there is no reason to stop flying realistically in a simulator with add-on aircraft used even by the army to train, just because a sim with better visuals arrived. Don't confuse the training level of Prepar3D add-ons with the entertainment level of default aircraft. Different leagues. 

But in my opinion, there is no need for such drama because I believe the big airplane developers will be given the way to make their products work and evolve in the new sim, even if you seem to not want this to happen. 

Please slow down and read what I said. I didn't say anything about the airbus in the new sim looks dated. What I meant is that instead of trying to maintain backwards compatibility, the devs would be able to exploit better tech in the new platform that would make the planes in p3d looks dated. 

And again you don't have to buy the new sim. You can continue with what you have if that's what makes you happy. I know I'll still be flying XP until the content I want is available in the new sim

Also how many study level planes were available when fsx and p3d launched? I'm sure if you had the same mindset back then you wouldn't have those nice shiny pmdg planes to fly 

Edited by devgrp
  • Like 1

The trailer and that new update remind me so much of Dovetail's FSW. Someone somewhere did mention that part of the agreement with Dovetail was that MS still owned the code and any modifications/updates made to the core code.

So FSW created 64bit FSW and was working toward many exciting features including TruSky and their volumetric clouds, very similar to those in the MS trailer.

My suspicion is that it's still got traces of ESP in it, although it's clearly completely redone and brought to next-gen standards.

I mainly think that based on seeing some autogen pop-in in the trailer. Also, the seams on the snowy mountain scene and that ugly river on top of the ortho in one shot look very familiar.

I say that to say that you may very well see the ability for developers to quickly port over their older ESP based aircraft if some of that underlying tech is derivative.

Edited by bonchie
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

Please slow down and read what I said. I didn't say anything about the airbus in the new sim looks dated. What I meant is that instead of trying to maintain backwards compatibility, the devs would be able to exploit better tech in the new platform that would make the planes in p3d looks dated. 

And again you don't have to buy the new sim. You can continue with what you have if that's what makes you happy. I know I'll still be flying XP until the content I want is available in the new sim

I never said that developers should try to maintain backward compatibility. I said that they will hopefully transfer their Prepar3D aircraft add-ons to the new MSFS. Same happened with P3D v4 from FSX aircraft. They are not backward compatible with FSX, these were new versions or greatly different versions and they didn't start from zero to make them. Don't expect that these developers will trash what they've created so far and start from zero. If you wish them to not develop versions of their current Prepar3D aircraft for the new MSFS, this means we won't have add-ons of this class for many many years, something I don't think anyone wishes. Don't be afraid of the fact that you can use something already developed, adapt it and optimize it to a new platform. 

Also how many study level planes were available when fsx and p3d launched? I'm sure if you had the same mindset back then you wouldn't have those nice shiny pmdg planes to fly 

When fsx launched we didn't have many, and this was a completely different time in flight simulator, much less developed. When FS2000 was released, I was fine to just fly the default C172. Times progresses and needs too. You can't expect the hardcore flight simmer of 2019 to go back on flying a default GA or a MSFS default tubeliner. This will not last. 

When p3d launched, I kept using both p3d and fsx until all my add-ons were ported, so I will amlost certainly do the same with the new MSFS. I don't say I won't buy it, here we are discussing of how its future will be successful in the long term, not for the first few months.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link