Sign in to follow this  
snomhf

Infinite readback issue

I've been seeing this for a while and just discovered how to reproduce it faithfully.

The following screenshot tells the story.  If I request a taxi to a runway that DOES NOT involve me having to cross another active runway, everything works just fine.  For example,  taxiing to the GA runway 10, the instruction is correctly: R, J, K, hold short 10.  All is well.

correctatc.png

But, if my request is a taxi to runway 04 (the main runway used by heavies), I have to first cross the GA active runway (10) in order to get to 04. Here's where the trouble starts.  Since both these runways are active (and I believe this is the key), I have to hold short at 10 before I can get to the second hold short at 04.  In this case, the controller will infinitely give me the instruction to hold short at 10.   That is to say, when he gives me the instruction (white text) and I read back that instruction (green text), he immediately repeats the instruction and we will play this game until I give up and don't respond with my read back.   It does not matter if I am driving to the first HS point or sit still.  

infiniteatc.png

The worst part is, the controller apparently thinks I'm actually taking off from runway 10.  I never get a clearance to cross and I end up saying "Ready to cross runway 10",  he tells me "Cleared to takeoff runway 10, contact tower...".

I hope I've made this clear.  It's obviously not a serious problem but it certainly does not appear to work correctly.

Just wanted to let you know.

thanks

-mark

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

Mark,

I suspect this is a data issue, because the initial taxi clearance should include a Hold Short Runway 10 and runway 04.

Let me know what airport this is at and I can check it out.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

Yes, there are definitely hold shorts at both those points.   This airport has not been released yet.  I'll send it to you via message.

Thanks

-mark

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

Hi Dave,

I just tested two other airports and they both exhibit the "infinite loop" issue I refer to. 

KLEB:  Park at B3 and request taxi to runway 07.   I verified in TaxiMnt that there are indeed HS push-pins at both 18 and 07.   The interesting part with this one is I didn't even get any hold short instruction for either runway.   The controller continues to issue the instruction over and over as soon as I do my readback.

KCLT:  Park at A8 and request taxi to runway 18L.   Same thing as KLEB exactly.   There appears to be a missing HS at D8 but since I'm instructed to taxi to D, I don't think that enters in because there is a HS point there.

I'm sending you my airport in a message now.

Thanks Dave!

-mark