Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

VoxAtc Clash

Bryan / Team

I have recently installed PMDG's 777 including the locked RAAS version ... on my W764 rig with P3DV45 with non exclusive sound output on a Via VT1708S Driver 6.0.1.10100.

RASS is working fine & now look forward to using it in the PMDG NGX except..

When I use the above with VoxATC742 (64bit TTS voices), the Vox sound (comms) phrases are broken & interrupted, ie alternatively heard, then quiet for a second or so then resuming later in the phrase before subsequent on/off behavior. I further notice that switching off RAAS does not help the issue & alternatively, pausing the sim during a Vox transmission at least allows the complete comm (eg a clearance) to be heard uninterrupted.

Thus I circumstantially believe there is a clash between RAAS & VoxATC.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Vox with the NGX is fine.

Thanks

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, byork said:

Have you spoken to the Vox ATC developer for ideas

bryan

still waiting to hear ..... but their logs are perfect as i suspect yours would be / are.

for the moment i will be trying separate sound cards and then if needed deleting somehow RAAS from the computer (turning off the dll.xml doesn't help Vox) & your help in this would be appreciated...'tis the only way to check Vox alone it seems).

of course i am hoping to hear from others using the combo whether locked or not (though i don't know there are that many given the permutations of sims / rigs / software despite there are many happy users of RAAS like me without Vox) 

thanks

for now, cheers

john martin

You know RAAS has an option to direct sound to a specific audio device.

I might suggest trying that.

And you can disable RAAS via the DLL.xml by changing the flag.

Personally I think you just have an audio driver problem or some kind of audio config problem on your computer.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:37 PM, byork said:

some kind of audio config problem on your computer.

Bryan

I think you may be "correct".

I had a look at the locked aerosoft airbus on my fsx computer & the installation of RAAS is more comprehensive but in core ways similar to what pmdg installs, particularly the installation of RAASAUDIO32,DLL in Windows\SysWOW64, suggesting i have a 32bit install for my P3D4 B777 (for which unfortunately there is no current update to overwrite / correct my existing).

Apart from chasing the issue with VOX, I now note even with your beta RAASPRO.DLL that the UI is "unstable", not saving properly & not transferring sound to other cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vu04491oq7da9pw/AABgXmW0V-hGrvaVj5FD3udoa?dl=0 shows what i have on 2 separate PC's.

Your advice will be appreciated.

for now, cheers

john martin

52 minutes ago, byork said:

Are you using saved flight files?

nope (if you mean scenarios / situations) ..... obviously using saved *.pln flight plans 

for now, cheers

john martin

17 hours ago, byork said:

Try without the saved flight plan files please

Bryan

No apparent differences ....... RAAS UI saving is "stable" but still unable to change to another sound card (it is a USB one ... but that is an issue with many apps it seems).

21 hours ago, vadriver said:

suggesting i have a 32bit install for my P3D4 B777

Did you manage to review my above question on the RAAS install for the 64bit P3D4 vers of PMDG 777 ?

PS ... VoxAtc still "breaking".

Thanks for your time in this.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

Not totally sure I follow the 32 bit PMDG 777 issue... but at the end of the day, if the RAAS menu open in the ADDONS menu, then it worked.

If your computer tried to load the 32 bit version of RAAS in P3D V4, RAAS would never load.  You wouldn't see anything.

I'm not sure about your audio output device issue, on my computer you just press the little down arrow button and it lists all my audio devices and I can select one just fine.

I really think you have some weird audio issues on your computer.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:05 PM, byork said:

Are you using saved flight files?

bryan

thanks for this question / clue ...... i have "fixed" the "clash" by rebuilding a user saved panel state (created before installing voxatc gauges) from a cold&dark launch.

RAAS was always fine & continues so as were my audios etc.

for now, cheers

john martin