Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

Which Prepa3d version should I install ?

Hello,

I've built myself a new PC, and held off on installing P3D due to the issues with the 4.5 update. I've been flying X-Plane in the meanwhile, but I miss the Majestic Q400, and the Maddog MD-82. Is 4.5 with the hotfix the final version for 4.5 or is there another version due out ? I remember reading the issue where core 0 was at 100% all the time even with the hotfix.

Is is safe to install v4.5 or should I install v4.4 until problems are resolved ?

Cheers 

9W

1 hour ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Is is safe to install v4.5 or should I install v4.4 until problems are resolved ?

4.5.12.30293 (includes HF1) all the way.  Works like a champ!  Problem was resolved a month ago.

Edited by dmiannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

2 hours ago, dmiannay said:

4.5.12.30293 (includes HF1) all the way.  Works like a champ!  Problem was resolved a month ago.

Could not agree more. As close to flawless as it can get, in my opinion.

Mario Di Lauro

Yep. 4.5. I had no problems with the original release.

Vic green

No problems with 4.5 or the hotfix, you could install that. Also, Lockheed Martin doesn't have older installers on their website anyways.

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

1 hour ago, arwasairl said:

No problems with 4.5 or the hotfix, you could install that. Also, Lockheed Martin doesn't have older installers on their website anyways.

Actually.. they do.. :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

Actually they have posted only the client for earlier versions.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Actually.. they do.. :wink:

Are you able to run the client of v4.4 or under whilst still having the scenery and content of v4.5? Not sure about this one actually.

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

2 hours ago, arwasairl said:

Are you able to run the client of v4.4 or under whilst still having the scenery and content of v4.5? Not sure about this one actually.

I believe you can..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Thanks, I'll give 4.5 HF1 a try. I have the old v4.4 installers from my old PC, so I'll revert back in case something goes wrong.

Quick question,

I'm coming from 4.3 to 4.5.  Do I need to update the client, then do the HF separately ?

LM's website says the HF is incorporated into the full download but I can't tell about the client

Cheers,  Jeff

21 minutes ago, FLNG said:

Quick question,

I'm coming from 4.3 to 4.5.  Do I need to update the client, then do the HF separately ?

LM's website says the HF is incorporated into the full download but I can't tell about the client

Cheers,  Jeff

The Client will include the HF too. Install the Client, delete the contents of the shaders folder and optionally, delete Prepar3d.cfg. That's all that is needed for a point update of the Client.

The other reason you should update is because 4.5 is the only version L-M will support.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for clearing that up Ray.

I'm on it as soon as I get a little time free.

Jeff