Sign in to follow this  
jeremyc172

Is there any way to disable "Cold and Dark" mode?

I've been having lots of trouble with this "Project Airbus A320family Mega Pack" lately.  Every single plane that I've tried from this pack is not working at all.  After brief research of my problem, I found that by default, the aircraft starts up in a "cold and dark" mode where engines are completely disabled and parking brakes are activated.  

Every time I boot up FSX, I press period to release brakes and Ctrl+E to start engines.  However, the engine startup never functions correctly.  Half the time, it doesn't even move (despite pressing Ctrl+E numerous times) and the other half, it turns on ONE engine and one only.  This causes the aircraft to start TURNING, and eventually sliding off the runway.

unknown.png

A few times after this happened, I tried to control the engines manually.  I hit Shift +4 to open up the throttle panel.  Every single time after pressing Ctrl+E, I only ever saw ONE of the engine switches turned "on" in the panel, as seen below.

unknown.png

When I tried to manually click on the ENG 2 switch to turn it on, it automatically teleported the switch back to "off."  It doesn't matter HOW many times I clicked it, it kept reverting to "off" as the aircraft continued to turn in a specific direction.  

I honestly think that all of this could be avoided if these planes could be spawned WITHOUT parking brakes, engines turned ON, making it easier to just take off and fly.  Is there anything I can change, any line I can add/remove in the .cfg or something that can be done to turn off Cold+Dark mode?

In your FSX.cfg find the line:

situation=(delete all of what it says but be sure to leave the situation=)

Now start FSX and your default flight will be the trike flying over Friday Harbor.  All aircraft will have engines running when you start your flights.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

52 minutes ago, charliearon said:

In your FSX.cfg find the line:

situation=(delete all of what it says but be sure to leave the situation=)

Now start FSX and your default flight will be the trike flying over Friday Harbor.  All aircraft will have engines running when you start your flights.

That was a quick fix!  Thanks!

Glad it worked for you!:happy:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: