Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoy888

RealityXP GNS G430 & G530 Help!

HELP!!!

Yesterday, I updated to the newest version of the RealityXP Garmin GNS 430 and RealityXP Garmin GNS G530 for X-Plane 11.

In the previous RealityXP Versions of the G430 & G530 I had configured the RealityXP G430 & G530 to fit within the C172SP Bezel by following the instructions on this link below. Everything worked perfectly fine I was able to use the RealityXP G430 & G530 within the C172SP G430 & G530 screen locations. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/521970-official-panel-configuration-thread/

Now the problem I'm experiencing, with the new update, is that when I start X-Plane 11 and load the C172SP and then when I turn on the Avionics Switch the screens of the G430 & G530 initially for the startup Garmin splash and self test screens I can tell that the screens are the RealityXP display screens, however once the Garmin splash screen and initial self test screens go away then the X-Plane default version of the G430 & G530 are displayed instead of the RealityXP G430 & G530 screens! This is new as of today just after I updated to the most current version of the RealityXP GNS G430 & G530.

How can I fix this problem so that I always have the RealityXP G430 and G530 screens displayed even after the initial splash and self test screens? In the previous RealityXP Versions of the G430 & G530 I had configured the RealityXP G430 & G530 to fit within the C172SP Bezel and everything worked perfectly fine. Now I only see the RealityXP screens displayed only for the initial splash Garmin splash screen and initial self test screens and then the X-Plane default version of the G430 & G530 are displayed instead of the RealityXP G430 & G530 screens! This is new as of today just after I updated to the most current version of the RealityXP GNS G430 & G530.

Please help!

@RXP any ideas?  I was trying to help this guy via email but am now stuck.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay.

I fail to understand what could cause this because there is no change in the display code since many last versions.

The first step as always is to see the content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

Otherwise it is possible there has been a bug introduced with the latest XP11. What version are you running?

[addendum] another post in the GTN forum suggests there is a bug in X-Plane 11 beta (expected, it is a beta):

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

I appreciate your reply. I'm using the most current version of X-Plane 11, Version 11.34r and not a beta version.

Now that I've spent more time flying your newest RealityXP Garmin GNS 430 and GNS 530 for X-Plane 11 with the C172SP Reality Expansion Pack I realize that there are only some differences to the your update that make RealityXP Garmin GNS 430 and GNS 530 look more like the Laminar Research default GNS 430 and GNS 530 such as the messages MSG when they flash/appear and also the format of the message box and text. In addition the Flight Plan page will automatically enter your current airport that you start off in X-Plane 11 and this is exactly what Laminar Research default GNS 430 and GNS 530 do. This did not happen in your previous version of RealityXP Garmin GNS 430 and GNS 530, the Flight Plan would simply be completely blank when you opened for the first time.

Another problem I noticed also in your previous version is that the range buttons on the G430 and G530 work in the reverse way, I'm referring to the zoom function for the NAV page map displays. The down range arrow will increase the zoom range on the map display instead of decreasing the zoom range and vise versa the up range arrow will decrease the zoom range on the map display instead of increasing the zoom range. Hopefully in your next update this can be fixed.

I appreciate your help and I love what your doing at Reality XP, keep up the good work.

44 minutes ago, FlyBoy888 said:

Another problem I noticed also in your previous version is that the range buttons on the G430 and G530 work in the reverse way, I'm referring to the zoom function for the NAV page map displays.

I'm afraid X-Plane 11 got it wrong instead, but I'll be an easy fix if any real world GNS pilot confirms.

45 minutes ago, FlyBoy888 said:

I realize that there are only some differences

Does it mean this support request is closed?

45 minutes ago, FlyBoy888 said:

I appreciate your help and I love what your doing at Reality XP, keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kind words, these are much appreciated!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

By the way the Laminar Research X-Plane 11 G430 and G530 zoom range up and down arrows use to also work in the wrong direction, however they corrected these buttons to work in the correct directions in one of their updates around a year or so ago.

I am a real world pilot and I can confirm that the zoom range arrows in Reality XP are in the reverse order for the G430 and G530, can you please correct this in a future update. Thank you!

Also just use the Garmin GNS 400 or Garmin GNS 500 original trainer and you will see for yourself the correct order of the zoom function buttons.

Do you mean when using the up/down buttons on the RXP bezel in the popup window, or, when using the up/down button of the X-Plane bezel with the 'nobezel' RXP GNS displayed in the middle?

Another request would be if you, RealityXP, could include more real Garmin Auxiliary page options into your RealityXP G430 and G530, just like the real thing.

In both situations you described above the zoom arrows work in the wrong direction when using RealityXP. Like I said Laminar had corrected this mistake about a year ago, however now that I've recently installed your RealityXP G430 and G530 I notice that RealityXP has these zoom arrows mixed up as I described above, probably/maybe because Laminar Research had originally mixed up the correct order of the zoom buttons, but now they've fixed that issue for their versions of the G430 and G530.

You should contact Philipp at Laminar Research he will probably tell you exactly how to fix this.

20 minutes ago, FlyBoy888 said:

RealityXP, could include more real Garmin Auxiliary page options into your RealityXP G430 and G530, just like the real thing.

Can you please detail what you have in mind?

15 minutes ago, FlyBoy888 said:

the zoom arrows work in the wrong direction when using RealityXP.

Do you mean reversed than this:

Yes I mean exactly like this video at the beginning. This is exactly what I'm referring to, however RealityXP has these orders in the reverse order, like I said it's probably because Laminar Research had them in the wrong order, but I would greatly appreciate if RealityXP can correct the zoom range buttons to the correct order, just like the real thing.

I have a correction to one of your previous questions.

"Do you mean when using the up/down buttons on the RXP bezel in the popup window, or, when using the up/down button of the X-Plane bezel with the 'nobezel' RXP GNS displayed in the middle?"

I just tested it out again and the zoom button error only exists when I'm using RealityXP within the panel mounted bezels of the C172SP G530 and G430. When I click on the GNS screens to activate the popup windows the zoom range buttons do work in the correct order in your RealityXP GNS. However can you please fix it, or let me know how to fix it, so that the range buttons will work in the correct order when using RealityXP within the panel mounted bezels of the C172SP using RealityXP G530 and G430. Thank you!

Haha, 

I knew this was not the GNS (because we do pay attention to details - but I've just spent the last ½ hour checking ).

The XPlane commands are "sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_in" (mapped to our 'down' button) and "sim/GPS/g430n1_zoom_out" (mapped to our 'up' button).

The issue is the 3D model got it all wrong and is sending the wrong commands.

Edited by RXP

So what exactly do I have to do in order to fix the G430 and G530 in the C172SP so that when I use your RealityXP inside the bezel of of the C172SP G430 and G530 the zoom arrows will work in the correct direction?