Sign in to follow this  
gollum65

RXP GTN 750 Install Into A2A C172 (resolved)

Hi all.  I recently got the A2A C172 for P3D v4.5.  I tried to install the RXP GTN 750 as described in this post:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/521969-official-panel-configuration-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3820391

The GTN is installed in the panel, but it won't power up.  The rest of the avionics power up but not the GTN.  Since I'm really new to the C172 and fairly new to the GTN, I'm assuming I did something wrong.  And I did NOT copy the panel_default.cfg because I only own the GTN and not the GNS, so as the readme described I did not copy that file over.

Also, the next post in the custom configuration thread that I linked to above contains a link to an avsim library file that doesn't exist, so I couldn't try that method.

Thanks.

Edited by gollum65

Does the GTN power up in any other airplanes?

If so, it should work in the C172 as well.. if not, the GTN install is the problem.

Bert

Actually I don't know?  I just reinstalled Win10 and everything P3D and this was the first plane I tried to install the GTN in.  I'll put it in another plane and see.

You were correct Bert.  Even though there were no apparent problems the first time I installed the GTN, it did not install properly.  I realized this because P3D had not asked me to enable the GTN add on, so therefore it wasn't showing up in the Addons menu.  I simply reinstalled the GTN over itself and that solved it.

Thanks!

• Like 2