Sign in to follow this  
CaptainXYZ

Prepar3D with JeppFD on an iPad Pro

Hi folks,

Hope you're well! I'm looking to get P3D to export GPS data to the JeppFD app on my iPad... 

I've done loads of digging on the forum and can't find a definite answer/method even though somewhat similar questions have been asked in the past... I know alternatives such as Foreflight etc exist, however, as I've already got JeppFD installed and running on the iPad, Iwas hoping to run with that software!

Does anyone know if this is possible using the latest iPad and version of P3D and if so, how?

Ta! 🙂

Only one way to do it and that's with some hardware. I've been hunting ways to do without it but there is nothing on the market that can do so with Jeppesen software running on your tablet.

The hardware you need can be found here

My original post (I'm sure I've made several others on the same) made here on AVSIM, can be found in this thread.

1 hour ago, krazyk said:

Only one way to do it and that's with some hardware. I've been hunting ways to do without it but there is nothing on the market that can do so with Jeppesen software running on your tablet.

The hardware you need can be found here

My original post (I'm sure I've made several others on the same) made here on AVSIM, can be found in this thread.

Thank you - wasn't sure if this was still the best method or even worked as couldn't find someone saying this would definitely work! 🙂 

14 hours ago, CaptainXYZ said:

Thank you - wasn't sure if this was still the best method or even worked as couldn't find someone saying this would definitely work! 🙂 

Yeah, I was in a similar situation a while back when I had access to company charts via JeppFD but upon researching for viable communication tools, the only one I found was the hardware link above. I don't get nearly enough time to sim these days to warrant such an expense but I hear Navigraph accomplished a similar feature with their tablet app and chart subscription. 

You may want to check their tablet app and invest there for a much easier solution.
Another advantage of going with Navigraph would be that some aircraft developers now support Navigraph charts inside the cockpit. Personally, I'd rather have that data on my dedicated tablet so an in-sim charting solution isn't really my cup of tea but the option is there for the user which is always nice to have.

• Like 1