Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

FS9 Radio in Cub...

Guest GA Flyer

If I turn off the avonics and power to the radio in the Cub and I think Jenny also, I still cant hear radio use. I dont know (as I shouldnt I guess) if the cub and jenny will make it into FSX but if so it would be great to have the radio not work when the a/v is off and there is no power from the battery.Also on the same topic I have GoFlight ATC module and MCP which normally work with the battery and a/v switches in the plane (ie I turn on the battery and the mcp turns on and the a/v and the atc turns ons). However, with the same planes, the cub and jenny, they are always on just like the radio sound.Jack

Guest tdragger

I may not understand you correctly but let me try anyway. Neither the Jenny or Cub have electrical systems. The radio is a handheld unit that (I think) has it's own power supply. Therefore they do not work like the other aircraft with respect to the electrical system.

Guest garwig2

I think what he's saying is that the power switch on the hand-held radio (like in the Jenny) does not operate properly. When you turn the radio power switch off you can still communicate with ATC just as if the switch was still on. I played with this myself and got the same thing.

Guest tdragger

Hmm. Never noticed. Thanks!

Guest GA Flyer

TD,Thanks for taking the time to understanding and provide feedback.Jack