Sign in to follow this  
BlueSox30

Trying to get in touch with 2x freeware authors

Hi all,

I'm trying to get in touch with 2x people who have made various edits to the FSX default 737-800 gauges in order to ask for permission to include their work in an upcoming freeware release of my own.

I've not been able to get in touch with them through the details provided on their respective readme.txt files.

Their names are Gary Davies and Csaba Saghi.

If anyone knows of these two authors could you help me get in touch with them?

Ta.

Trent

A search of the AVSIM Library with their respective names indicate files from FS2004.  Looking at the readme files shows links to their website show the website no longer exists.  I would suspect any reasonable effort to contact them and without success would void the requirement for seeking permissions.  I have no idea as to the legality of using their intellectual property though due to the lack of being able to contact them. There are other indications they are no longer active in the fs community as they uploaded files only for FS2004.  I would ask in the AVSIM FS 2004 forums too as those loyal to FS2004 may have some knowledge.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FSX Boeing 737-800 Gauge Fix

Fixes several problems with the default FSX Boeing 737-800 gauges - includes Matt Smith' PFD Flight Director fix (fsx738pfdfix.zip) with his kind permission.

Legal Notice:

This panel modification was created under Microsoft’s “Game Content Usage Rules” using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator X, © Microsoft Corporation. For more information on this policy see: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm

This modification may be used for any non-commercial purpose consistent with Microsoft's usage rules.

Author:
Csaba Sághi

In Csaba readme file has an email address but don't know if its active.

Edited by TuFun

5 hours ago, TuFun said:

n Csaba readme file has an email address but don't know if its active.

E-mail him.  The worst that will happen is that the e-mail will bounce back.  I have used the same e-mail address since the late 1990's.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I had tried emailing Csaba prior to reaching out here. That email had bounced.

I'll reach out in the FS2004 forums and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Trent