Sign in to follow this  
blueshark747

Payware Pricing

Hey folks,

Was going through new payware addons to buy and I realized FSX payware prices haven't decreased much.

Even with the migrations of user base moving on to Xplane11 and P3D and of course an even bigger migration to the New MSFS in the future.

Would you think these payware vendors are gonna start having more discount sales on FSX/FSX-SE products???

Flight One

Aerosoft

Fly Tampa

JustFlight

FS Pilotshop

A2A

FSDreamTeam

PDMG

Sim Market

Is that tacky to ask for great deals on payware for the "old sim"?

Please discuss...

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

No.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

16 minutes ago, W2DR said:

No.

Hi, Doug!  I'll see your no and raise it to 2 No's.  I seriously doubt they will decrease their prices any time soon.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Flight one just discounted the Ifly 747 by 30% for FSX only

• Like 1

ZORAN

2 minutes ago, zmak said:

Flight one just discounted the Ifly 747 by 30% for FSX only

Sweet glad someone is catching on

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

Comment deleted by moderator.

What i was trying to say was the high prices by.....oh forget it.

I think you will tend to see more sales on older products as opposed to prices dropping.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Lets all wait till MSFS2020 gets closer to actually being released.  If it really looks and performs as it appears in the rather amazing advance videos, then I think payware providers may start to break-out in a cold sweat.  Then I think we can all go to their big fire sale....   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Lets all wait till MSFS2020 gets closer to actually being released.  If it really looks and performs as it appears in the rather amazing advance videos, then I think payware providers may start to break-out in a cold sweat.  Then I think we can all go to their big fire sale....   

Yeah there might be a fire sale, so to speak, but if the new sim is as good as it looks, is finally optimized to run on todays hardware rather than tomorrow’s, who’s really going to load up on FSX stuff?

Of course there will be some that stick with FSX, just like some are still on FS9, but I’d imagine that a lot of people who never converted to P3D or were still waiting to go to P3D, like me, will probably go to the new MSFS. That’s provided we find out about the SDK and if our favorite developers plane to work on it, how the performance really is, etc.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens when the new sim comes out.

• Like 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

if the new sim is as good as it looks, is finally optimized to run on todays hardware rather than tomorrow’s, who’s really going to load up on FSX stuff?

...and that is a big IF. FS releases have never been able to run smoothly on current hardware. I predict that the day FS 2020 is released, the forum is going to light up with posts like: CTD!, slideshow!, can't, won't run! I'm getting 9 fps!! 😏

I hope I'll be proven wrong, but I doubt it. 

In terms of addons, considering the speed with which some addon developers release stuff, it'll be 5 to 15 years before we reach addon parity compared to what we have with FSX and P3D.

Navigraph's excellent 2018 survey may give some insight.

https://blog.navigraph.com/post/181243982766/flightsim-community-survey-2018-results

If you combine the number of users of boxed FSX and FSX:SE, there is roughly as many users of FSX as a whole as there are users of X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D v.4.   So there is an equal number of potential customers for FSX add-ons as there are for add-ons for the two new flight sims.

As long as people like us (FSX users who likes it enough still to post in this forum) continues to buy add-ons it makes economical sense for add-on developers to charge a price that we are willing to pay and that will make a profit for those developers.

Like Clutch Cargo said, older/discontinued add-ons are most likely to see price drops.  Wait until the new MSFS comes out and wait and see if it is supportable by add-on developers.  I don't believe the sim when it first comes out will have EVERYTHING that we already get currently available via third party, whether it be aircraft or added FSX functionality.  Some may, but I for one am not going to immediately delete FSX from my computer as soon as the new MSFS finishes downloading.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

5 hours ago, BF Bullpup said:

Navigraph's excellent 2018 survey may give some insight.

https://blog.navigraph.com/post/181243982766/flightsim-community-survey-2018-results

If you combine the number of users of boxed FSX and FSX:SE, there is roughly as many users of FSX as a whole as there are users of X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D v.4.   So there is an equal number of potential customers for FSX add-ons as there are for add-ons for the two new flight sims.

As long as people like us (FSX users who likes it enough still to post in this forum) continues to buy add-ons it makes economical sense for add-on developers to charge a price that we are willing to pay and that will make a profit for those developers.

Like Clutch Cargo said, older/discontinued add-ons are most likely to see price drops.  Wait until the new MSFS comes out and wait and see if it is supportable by add-on developers.  I don't believe the sim when it first comes out will have EVERYTHING that we already get currently available via third party, whether it be aircraft or added FSX functionality.  Some may, but I for one am not going to immediately delete FSX from my computer as soon as the new MSFS finishes downloading.

Thanks alot! Great info!

5 hours ago, Reader said:

I own a 1995 MercedesBenz, should I apply your logic and ask the dealers to give me the service parts because it is old?

Wow...what a useless post...

Post like these are when you fail at comprehending and grasping what we are actually discussing here..

Old Mercedes Benz but asking dealer for free parts analogy...

Yea sounds legit

giphy.gif

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

For the moment, I personally have ceased anymore thought of buying any add-ons, even new ones upcoming for P3D 4.5. I don't care how cheap they go.

I've got MSFS fever😀

Edited by pracines

It's very contagious. It's going to get worse when a big-time 3rd party developer says they are working on add-ons for it.