Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

TFDI 717 CTD

So whats the deal with this plane? Everything works very well, except when you change views and then CTD. From what i can gather the devs know of this and gave a rather silly way of avoiding it. But that option cuts my fps almost in 1/2. Like this plane cost me almost $100 AUD and not being able to change views because of the impending CTD is beyond ridiculous. Anyone have had this issuse? Or found a desent work around? I would be grateful to hear. Otherwise ill just box it and put it down to "I didn't do enough research"

Regards

Mike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Well, I find sometimes w/ CTD, after install of an add-on removing the conf. file & shades letting the sim build a new one sometimes helps. 

Sorry, but that's the best I got.  I know it's beyond frustrating. 

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

10 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

not being able to change views because of the impending CTD is beyond ridiculous. Anyone have had this issuse?

Sure, for the reason I have hangared this addon forever (or at least until they manage to fix it).
I have too little time for simming these days to get involved in flights which will most probably end up with CTD's.
And this plane is my only addon with this disease.

I have found no working solution other than staying in the VC. But that's not the way I want to sim.
Once in a while I like to enjoy my scenery outside with a wing view, take some screenshots of the aircraft or watch the GSX ground ops.
Since all my other aircraft accept it, I set is as my standard.

Couldn't agree more mate. As far as the devs see it, it is a working and finished product at "for me " a high price. I to don't have a lot of time to fly and when i do i would like nothing more than a smooth ride. Sometimes not always possible. But these guys know of the problem but seem not to care? Which infuriates me as i paid for a product.

But again it has reinforced me on doing more research before dropping a lot of money on something. Pretty much goes for anything you buy nowadays. I'll place TFDI on my blacklist. And monitor there quiet forums for an update on the ancient issue.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Yep, I get it here too.  Their “workaround” seems to work but causes a nice performance hit having to open another VC window.

At FSExpo they said they were unable to reproduce it and were closing the door on 717 development, being 3 years since release, so they can put their resources on other projects.

Frustrating indeed.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

10 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Yep, I get it here too.  Their “workaround” seems to work but causes a nice performance hit having to open another VC window.

At FSExpo they said they were unable to reproduce it and were closing the door on 717 development, being 3 years since release, so they can put their resources on other projects.

Frustrating indeed.

Not to go off topic but does mean no more updates?

I won't support a Dev. who doesn't tie up loose ends prior to moving on.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

From the sounds of it they are moving onto their PACX program which looks kind of lame in my opinion.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:38 AM, CaptKornDog said:

they said they were ..... closing the door on 717

On 6/23/2019 at 6:56 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

This plane is on my top 3 wish list at the moment, reason being that it's the only plane that is the closest to the MD-11 at the moment. There are some planes that I would buy instantly and this is one of them but this ctd issue is causing me to wait, also If PMDG would release their MD-11 for P3D it would also be an instant sale. However, having said that......

The development is not in mayday mode but more in a holding pattern, they had an update 1.1.2.0 on (24 June 2019) one day after this last post, and in their assembly of writings just four days ago RogueShadow said: "Thanks guys, I will do some prepping and I may have a release build or two for you to try out. Fly those builds as you'd normally would and do your view switching to the outside/back in. I'm going to start the first one with the new rendering tech disabled, If that still causes the view switch bug, we'll know for sure PDK isn't the issue here."

In my humble opinion if this issue was fixed this plane would be listed in the top 5 must haves for P3D and would gladly pay full price.

Edited by FPStewy
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

This plane is on my top 3 wish list at the moment, reason being that it's the only plane that is the closest to the MD-11 at the moment. There are some planes that I would buy instantly and this is one of them but this ctd issue is causing me to wait, also If PMDG would release their MD-11 for P3D it would also be an instant sale. However, having said that......

The development is not in mayday mode but more in a holding pattern, they had an update 1.1.2.0 on (24 June 2019) one day after this last post, and in their assembly of writings just four days ago RogueShadow said: "Thanks guys, I will do some prepping and I may have a release build or two for you to try out. Fly those builds as you'd normally would and do your view switching to the outside/back in. I'm going to start the first one with the new rendering tech disabled, If that still causes the view switch bug, we'll know for sure PDK isn't the issue here."

In my humble opinion if this issue was fixed this plane would be listed in the top 5 must haves for P3D and would gladly pay full price.

Thanks for that information.  I have it and love it.  Lots of fun but just sad to see them not further it more after fixing CTD issues.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

On 6/23/2019 at 5:56 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

I won't support a Dev. who doesn't tie up loose ends prior to moving on.

They explained to me yes, in all likelihood, unless bugs were very minor/easy type of improvements that didn’t change much code.

Hearing them at least look at the CTD bug is positive news though.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

For what it's worth I have flown three flights since the last update and did some outside back to VC and wing view back to VC view changes with no CTD. Not saying it's fixed though as they do seem to be random in occurrence. It really is a fun airplane. Just stay in the front office like a real Captain and don't go flying around outside and no problems.

Vic green

3 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

indeed fantastic news, if this is fixed it's an instant buy.

I would buy too, FPStewy.  Insta-buy. 

(I used to fly the PMDG MD-11, so, that whole MD-style interface takes me back.)

Really pulling for TDFI that they can solve it.

Plus I want to support them.  Maybe one day, it will lead to a 64-bit MD-11.  One can wish.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB