Sign in to follow this  
dazzystar

Help needed reinstalling FSX, Orbx, etc.

Hi All,

It's been around 5 years since I've played FSX and I've got a new gaming rig and want to reinstall everything from scratch. The thing is I've forgotten how to install eveything, I had had loads of tweaks, etc. some of which aren't probably necessary now. I also have a bunch of Orbx scenery and airports that'll need installing too.

My PC is a 4.00Ghz i7 6700K, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD, RTX2070 GPU, 3 x 24" monitors.

Can anyone point me to an install guide or offer any setup tips?

TIA

Daz 

Go to the Orbx website and download FTX Central. That is the one-stop platform to download and install all your Orbx products. 

Ian S

38.jpg

You will need SP2 or Acceleration installed too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, darrenkarp said:

I had had loads of tweaks, etc. some of which aren't probably necessary now. 

When I had to do a reinstall of FSX a few years ago, the best advice I read was to avoid all tweaks apart from the highmemfix tweak.

Bill

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 4:37 AM, Jim Young said:

You will need SP2 or Acceleration installed too.

Hi Guys  I'm going through similar issues with a new machine install.

• Have installed FSX Gold from my DVDs and successfully activated with my keys - However when I subsequently installed the Acceleration pack I wasn't given the opportunity to insert my registration key and it gave a product activation error message which opened a page telling me to use the activation wizard to activate or use telephone activation without however giving the phone number if its still operating? After the error screen FSX opened ok but was missing the multiplayer button and i suspect now back in the demo mode?? Any idea how to activate Acceleration install??
  • I would also appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of FSX Service Pack 1 as Microsoft no longer list it for download.
  • The final issue is one of the guys replied to my initial post over on the Win10 forum suggesting I should buy the Steam Version of FSX - my concerns were that I believed the steam version had to be validated at each session on the Steam site? is this correct or is it a stand alone ? and what is the collective wisdom say about whether I should take the opportunity to install the Steam Version on a clean slate?

Any suggestions / advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers Pete

Edited by PBest
typo

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

Thanks Very Much Luke - simple when you know how - I wont ask how you found that in the registry, it makes my head ache when I get down to that level -  left a message for you over at the original post as well -You're a lifesaver - Cheers Pete

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe