Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Xvision solution advice

Hi,

I just invested in Xvision today. I was using UWXP 2.4.1 with Reshade (sharpen and curves only).

I wanted to try it out if I could replace Reshade and maybe UWXP.

For now I tried a solution by Filou I found on Orbx forum which mixes with UWXP but the result is not so great on my system.

For those using Xvision, could you please advice what is the best available solution to try out ?

Thanks for help,

Pierre

Uninstall UWXP. Update X-Plane, overwriting all previous changes. Use "Impressive with Lua" preset within X-Vision. I would keep Reshade, but you may be able to use the post processing tools in X-Vision instead.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Thank you for the advice, it will make things simplier. Maybe weather will work better also!

Pierre

After trying about 15 different solutions, I finally settled on "XVISION - REAL Life V7 11.30-11.31+ preset w/ Portrait Mode (UXWP/ASXP) by Leale Ryan 7.0".

It fixes the ugly backlit trees and general washed-out colors of X-Plane, but doesn't have the extreme saturation or harsh brightness of most other solutions. Most of the others I tried either looked like you were flying into a nuclear explosion or had just received an overdose of those pupil diluting eye drops.

Edited by AdvancedFollower
  • Like 1

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Great Xvision video

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

7 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Great Xvision video

Indeed, a very nice video, but do you know which XVision preset is being used?

mike

Yes, autor of the video write in the comment:

Notable add-ons,
- reshade v3.4.1
- XVISION for XP11

Presets, XVISION: Ultimate realism preset 
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/46129-x-vision-ultimate-realism-preset/
Preset Reshade: bit of brightness https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/38224-reshade-presets-xp-1101/

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

On 6/24/2019 at 3:55 AM, AdvancedFollower said:

After trying about 15 different solutions, I finally settled on "XVISION - REAL Life V7 11.30-11.31+ preset w/ Portrait Mode (UXWP/ASXP) by Leale Ryan 7.0".

It fixes the ugly backlit trees and general washed-out colors of X-Plane, but doesn't have the extreme saturation or harsh brightness of most other solutions. Most of the others I tried either looked like you were flying into a nuclear explosion or had just received an overdose of those pupil diluting eye drops.

I installed the XV preset that you mentioned, but I still have the backlit trees. Is there something else I need to fix this issue?

I think those trees are on Ben's plate.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB