Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

Is ForceFeedback Fixed in FSX?

Guest tdragger

Gee, thanks, Bill. I guess you'd know more about that than I. ;)

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

What if, and maybe I'm delving into the "I shoulda researched and patented that, doggone it" field, but what if there were a force feedback station, something with the awesome FF processing power of the FF2, but using cables and pulleys like the Wingman Force instead of gears like the Sidewinder. This system could be mounted in a variety of ways, alowing FF joystick, throttle, rudder and/or yoke? And yes yes, I do know FF is cost prohibitive. But anyway, somehow make an FF playform, or a driver module, whatever, that was (relatively) cheap, especially when offered in multi-module kits, providing FF HOTAS, yoke/rudder and wheel/pedal combos, or single wheel, yoke, joysticks, or any mix? I suppose the system would require a hub device capable of driving the modules, with forces being controlled by the hub and hub software. Basically it could be programmed for any force effect combination, limited to the number of max forces per module, and for individual sim/game situations. I have no idea how to implement any of this actually, I really need to study up on the idea.Anyway, with said system, because of the control hub, all forces would be controlled independently of the computer, while the hub gathers the inputs and tricks the computer and/or software into thinking only one controller is connected, so there would be no conflicts. It would have to be dang fast, and since the bucks would be flowing into the "Ferrari of Simulator Control" anyway, make the the effects super real, as far as actual force. I mean hit a curb in Need for Speed and expect real-life movement in the wheel while only feeling the standard FF "bump" on the pedals, and in F1, when those brakes get hot, it's fade city for the brake. Perhaps a bird strike took out your right aileron, or well, you get the idea. Maybe.Something that wouldn't require native FF support, which would require FF drivers for each sim, with standard ones included and new ones available as downloads from the main site. There's a market for it, obviously not a large one, but the ones who demand ultimate realism may just pay big to get it. I know I would.Let's keep tossing the ideas around guys, we could have some brainstorms!-Jeremy Burchhttp://home.earthlink.net/~dawgfighter/sit...es/swvasig1.gifSWVA4806 http://www.virtualswa.com/home.phpThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!BOAC: Heathrow Centre, British Airways Speedbird Flight 723HC: British Airways Speedbird Flight 723, Heathrow Centre, go aheadBOAC: Heathrow Centre, British Airways Speedbird Flight 723 has a message for youHC: British Airways Speedbird Flight 723, Heathrow Centre is ready to copy messageBOAC: Heathrow Centre, British Airways Speedbird Flight 723, message is as follows: Mayday, Mayday, Mayday ....

>I was thinking the other day, after reading a post about the>inability to feel the detents when you pull or rotate gauges,>wouldn't it be cool to have a FF Mouse?>>:)>>ThomasIt may seem weird, but it does exist! I heard about a FF mouse some years ago, it gave a tactile feedback when browsing on the different parts of the desktop. Don't know if it's still in production, though. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]