Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Does Anyone Have Drivers for Iris Dynamics Yoke?

Hello,

I have just started to have an issue with the yoke, the hat switch does stops functioning after a while.  I thought that a reinstall of the drivers are in order but cannot find them anywhere on any storage drive.  I save everything and am beginning to think there never was a driver.

If anyone can lend any insight or even send me the drivers I would appreciate it.  Please PM me your email address if you have the drivers.

Thank you,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Did you solve the problem, what generation of the Yoke you have ???? 

Yair  

Hello,

I did a little testing and the Issue is with XPForce and the latest update. I have notified Jim about it but he is busy finalizing Traffic X for X-Plane so I have gone back to the previous build. 

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

..I just got the XPForce, not sure what it suppose to do, but one thing I already noticed, when engaging the AP the Yoke is not responding the the change of course. .. I need to further investigate the Iris FFB Yoke itself, unfortunately, I have, what seems to me, blown fuse and all the buttons / switches LED light cease working (-:     

Cheers

BTW Iris Yoke doesn't require any Drivers, It is Good to Go out of the Box, the most you can think of is flashing the Firmware 

Edited by N1125Y

Okay, thanks for the information regarding driver.  The buttons are an issue for me as well, I let the yoke sit all day and the buttons worked fine, as soon as I rotated the yoke I lost button control. I think the issue is with the wiring jacket as it has split right where the wiring comes out of the shaft.  Where are the fuses on your Iris yoke located?  Have you tried contacting Pat?  I can PM you his email if you would like.

\Robert Hamlich/

21 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Okay, thanks for the information regarding driver.  The buttons are an issue for me as well, I let the yoke sit all day and the buttons worked fine, as soon as I rotated the yoke I lost button control. I think the issue is with the wiring jacket as it has split right where the wiring comes out of the shaft.  Where are the fuses on your Iris yoke located?  Have you tried contacting Pat?  I can PM you his email if you would like.

.. I have a diagram of the Control which I got from Patrick McFadden ( I think he is one of the founders) so if you wish I can share it with you. In my case Patrick made initial prognoses, putting the blame on a blown fuse, I'm currently on a business trip so I'll try get to the core of the problem sometimes next week. The other issue I encountered is relate to the AP, the Yoke is not responding  when AP is engaged, not sure yet if it's  Hardware or Software (XPForce) issue.

Yair            

Thanks for the offer Yair, I have been dealing with this issue since April and I decided to replace the Iris yoke.  I hope that you can find the issue and resolve it.

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Thanks for the offer Yair, I have been dealing with this issue since April and I decided to replace the Iris yoke.  I hope that you can find the issue and resolve it.

..oh, I see, what did you get as a replacement ?

i'll try to solve those issues, I think it is worth to give it a chance 

&

BTW 

What did you do with the Yoke 

Reg.

Yair

I ordered a Brunner CLS-E NG yoke. Fortunately I have been saving money for a while.  I'm not sure what to do with the yoke, it could be a simple fix, who knows.  I do not have the knowledge to fix it. 

PM me if you are interested in it. 

\Robert Hamlich/