Sign in to follow this  
URKE101

Crash when transatlantic

Every.Single.word not allowed.Time. I do transatlantic, the game starts freezing near the destination.

Any tips?

Specs:

AMD FX8300

AMD R7 380

1TB Segate HDD

256 gb Kingston SSD

Win 10 PRO

P3D v4.x

Addons in this flight...

QW787-9

FlyTampa KBOS

Aerosoft EGLL

ProjectFLY

Chaseplane

FSXWX v1.6.1

FSUIPC v5

Edited by URKE101

20 hours ago, Jens Tijtgat said:

Do you use GSX?

Beat me too it... Where does it crash please 

14ppkc-6.png

Have you tried another aircraft.

I had several CTD's with th QW787...

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Long haul, then when you get closer to destination you get autogen overload and your PC can't handle it and crashes. Sorry to be the burden of bad news, but I think your rig is somewhat compromised on performance.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

edit

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

22 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Long haul, then when you get closer to destination you get autogen overload and your PC can't handle it and crashes. Sorry to be the burden of bad news, but I think your rig is somewhat compromised on performance.

FYI GSX has a known bug where it will cause a CTD when flying transatlantic at the western end of Greenland, the bug should be solved with the next GSX update and a temporary fix can be found somewhere on their forum. Don't be too quick to blame someone's hardware for a crash.. 

7 hours ago, Jens Tijtgat said:

FYI GSX has a known bug where it will cause a CTD when flying transatlantic at the western end of Greenland, the bug should be solved with the next GSX update and a temporary fix can be found somewhere on their forum. Don't be too quick to blame someone's hardware for a crash.. 

GSX never had any bug.

The SIMULATOR has a bug that, when flying over some sparsely populated areas and ANY addon use the facilities api ( the same used by the default Cessna GPS, which nobody uses across North Atlantic ) to ask for nearby airports or navaids, cause a crash on its own FACILITIES.DLL.

GSX was never the cause of the problem, because it was just calling a simulator own feature but, to SIDESTEP the problem ( we cannot fix something that is clearly happening outside our own code), GSX doesn't call that api anymore when flying over 10k feet and/or faster than 250 kts.

This "fix" has been available in GSX for a while (it's online since April 1st) so no, there's no need to wait for the next GSX update, and feedback from ALL users that tried it so far, is the crash doesn't happen anymore.

That doesn't obviously mean this fix would magically prevent any CTD while flying, both because it's not effective when flying lower than 10k feet and/or slower than 250 kts, but also because there might be other addons or gauges that might call the same feature, or there might be other reasons for a CTD while flying that don't have anything to do with this.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 8:22 AM, Jens Tijtgat said:

Just giving an opinion. Please don't use a patronising reply to someone who is trying to offer helpful advice.

Howard

I just did KORD-EPWA on Saturday night with QW 787 and it CTD'ed somewhere over the Atlantic.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |