Sign in to follow this  
Pilot582

GNS530/Realty XP Flight Plan Issue

Hi Colleagues,

I purchased the GNS530 as well the Realty XP for my P3D v4 flight sim system, and after completing the configuration, I noticed, when I create flight plan on P3D v4, somehow I am not able to sync the plan to load on the GNS530. 

I contacted RealSimGear where I purchased the unit, they told me this is possible issue with the Realty XP software, and they suggested I contact Them.

I will appreciate someone who know this issue with a fix.

thanks,

George

To be clear here, you can create a flight plan via an external flight planning source.  Then you save or export that flight plan.  Following that you can import that plan into the RXP GNS in the simulator.  There is a configurable option in the RXP GNS (perform a shift-right-click on the top edge of the RXP GNS) that if selected subsequently saves an imported and then activated GNS flight plan to a defined HD location on your system.  From there you can load that flight plan into the simulator and activate it and gain ATC guidance, as well as using the flight plan with the GNS and aircraft autopilot.

There is a learning curve associated with this.  Be patient and wade through it.  Ask for more help here if needed.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi George,

It would have been easier to post this question in the RXP GNS FltSim forum, instead of the RXP GTN X-Plane forum, although my comments below pertain to any.

The GNS/GTN are the main navigation devices thus they are the central hub of the flight plan data.

In addition to the excellent explanation from Frank, I'll add a few more info in case it helps you or others wondering the same question:

The overall capabilities are:

1. [flight planning tool] -> export to a known Garmin format: .gfp (GTN)  or .fpl (GNS)
  2. [GNS/GTN device] <- import Flight Plan file (.gfp or .fpl)
  3. [GNS/GTN device] -> export active route to host simulator flight plan file: .fms (XPlane) or .pln (FltSIm)
  4. [host simulator] <- import flight plan file (.fms or .pln)
  5. [GNS device] -> export any saved route to known Garmin format: .fpl (GNS)

Notes:

nº4 is designed for ATC purposes only, so that you can have the same route both in the device and the host simulator.
nº5 is GNS specific and available in the GNS device FPL pages menu.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I thought all real-world GNS/GTN flightplan entries are manual inputs. Is that accurate? 

I came from a U.S. air carrier FAR Part 121 dispatch operation. In those the ops, the aircraft dispatcher prepares the flightplan that is electronically uploaded to the FMS as soon the dispatch release is transmitted. Is there technology that would support electronic upload to GNS/GTN type units which would be more typical of a Part 91 or 135 op?

I seriously doubt it. 

23 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I thought all real-world GNS/GTN flightplan entries are manual inputs. Is that accurate? 

Believe you are correct.  

But you may find these links interesting:

https://www.fltplan.com/connectivity.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=JsyywdRf8as
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1228429/Garmin-Gtn-625.html?page=116
https://www.rocketroute.com/blog/export-to-garmin

As well as this one:
http://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01464-00_C.pdf

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

55 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Thanks, very informative. 

Hi Folks,

Many are now using a Garmin product called “Flight Stream” - it’s a certified WiFi unit that allows you to synch your iPad to your GNS/GTN... It’s pretty slick as the iPad is certainly easier than the GNS knob spinning interface for building flight plans...

The GTN has airways built in and the interface is far more intuitive - so you can build even long flight plans in a matter of seconds...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

16 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Many are now using a Garmin product called “Flight Stream

Scott,
Yes.  That is what is used in the second linked video in my message above.  Somehow that link did not get quoted in the quote section of  Les's message.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

9 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Scott,
Yes.  That is what is used in the second linked video in my message above.  Somehow that link did not get quoted in the quote section of  Les's message.

Hi Frank,

Oops - sorry - I didn't take the time to check the video...

:)

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7